Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Dalton family descendants

My grandfather, Ernest Digby Dalton was born in Sheffield England In March 1891, the son of William Dalton (1833-1895) and Alice Ash (1860-1928).

Ernest had several siblings:
Gertrude "Lillian" Pearson (new Ash) 1880-1951
James Harry Dalton (1883-1914) Killed in action WWI
Charles William Dalton 1885-1955) served in WWI
Joseph Walter Dalton (1886-1947)
Beatrice Dalton (1888-1895
Gladys Daisy Dalton (1893-1893)
Leonard Dalton (1895-1895)
Sidney Dalton (1897-?)
Fred Ward (1901-?)
Harold Ward (1906-1907)
Ada Ann Dalton (1866-1945)
Ann Forshaw Dalton (1868-1943)

If you have any information relating to any of these family member or know of any descendants of this family, please get in tocu with Bruce Taylor. I am a Canadian descendant of Ernest and have been building his family tree. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Taylor.family.roman@gmail.com

Regards
Bruce

Re: Looking for Dalton family descendants

Bruce, experience of several other similar requests on this site suggest that you have only a very slim chance that someone you are interested in will respond. Descendents of these people may not live in Sheffield, or they may not be interested in Family Research.
To improve your chances may I suggest you search public family trees for people who have those daltons in their family trees then make contact with them. A second suggestion is to use FreeBMD and the GRO index to trace the families forward to living descendants. That is not something we would do for you on this site because we avoid finding and publishing the names of living persons. We need to respect their right to privacy.
If you are unfamiliar with the above two free to use websites we will be happy to advise you on their use.
Dave

Re: Looking for Dalton family descendants

Morning Bruce,

I have spent some time on trying to connect your William 1833 with the many William Daltons in my tree. Though it maybe a distant relationship through marriage it encouraged me to sort my Daltons out.

I have come to the conclusion that William was probably married at least once more probably to Elizabeth Fornshaw if your list of children is correct. That marriage took place in W.Derby in 1865. All the children from Gertrude to Sidney were born in the Sheffield area. They were living on Little London Road on the 1891 census. William is aged 55yrs a Table knife hafter. Alice aged 30. All born Sheffield down to Charles W.Then down from James to Ernest born Norton Derbyshire.

Were the boys sent to Canada as part of the "Home Children"?

Have you managed to trace William 1833 back further? I seem to be going around in circles. I have two born in 1823 which doesn't help. Were your family Methodists as I wasn't finding them in our transcription of baptisms.

Hope this helps.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype