Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burial

Hi,
I am trying to find out if my grandma, Ada Bocking was buried in the same grave as her husband, Frank Howson Bocking,D:12.July,1945 Sheffield (burial on this site)at City Rd Cemetery, according to both their wishes.
Ada died 18 March 1970 in Sheffield
WAS she buried with Frank, OR was she cremated then buried with Frank, OR is she somewhere else entirely...??

Can anyone shed light on this mystery?

Cheers
Wendy:sleuth_or_spy:

Re: Burial

Hello Wendy
An Ada Bocking, aged 85, was cremated in City Road Crematorium on 24 March 1970, cremation number, 82219. Bereavement Services can tell you what happened to her ashes. regards, Christine Steers

Hi Christine,
Thank you so much for your quick and informative response, much appreciated.

Great website,

Cheers

Hi Christine,

Thanks to the info you supplied, the Bereavement Services have just confirmed by email, that after her cremation at City Rd, Ada Bocking (nee Roberts)B:10/Jan/1886 Sheffield, was in fact interred with her husband, Frank Howson Bocking, in the same grave at City Road Cemetery (SI site). Knowing this has eased my mind.

The recorded age of Ada at death was 85 years, which according to the copy of her birth certificate, which I now have, she should have been 84 but 85 would probably have been provided by the family at her death. Not really a problem, all kinds of mistakes are made on certificates. Par for the course.

Thanks again