Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re:Occupants of an address

Hi, I'm trying to find out who lived at an address in 1928 or earlier?I've recently received the marriage certificate of my grandparents and I would like to know who they lived with at these addresses.can anyone help or point me in the right direction as to where I could find the information? Thank you

Re: Re:Occupants of an address

Hi Ann,

I have a copy of Kelly’s 1923 directory, and the 1925 one is online at this site. You could also try searching on the address in the burial records here to see if that throws up any names. What address would it be?

Heths

Hi Heather, thanks for replying. The addresses are 582 Brightside Lane and 64 Uttley Street.my Grandad Thomas Lockwood lived at Brightside Lane and my grandmother Annie Paris lived at Uttley street . I'm trying to find out who they lived with in 1928 or before . Thanks

Hi Ann,

No luck I’m afraid with the 1923 directory. In the streets section there’s a gap between 552 and 588 Brightside Lane, and only 3 people are listed on Uttley Street, none at 64. In the alphabetical section there’s only one Thomas Lockwood but he’s on Clarkehouse Rd and looks quite grand. Only one Paris in that section, Prosper Joseph Paris, traffic manager at 132 Richmond Rd Handsworth.

Heths

Hi Ann,

I went forwards instead of backward to try and find out more re Thomas and Annie.
Is this them?
On the 1939 register there is a Thomas and Annie Lockwood living at
688 Brightside Lane. There is also one entry closed.
The birth date of Thomas is 28 Dec 1898 and Annie's is 25 Aug 1899.
St. George's Church, Brook Hill, Sheffield.
Thomas Lockwood born 28 Dec 1898, bap 15 Jan 1899
Parents - John and Clara of 2 Binns Lane, sheep shear grinder.
It looks as though John Lockwood died in Oct 1899 aged 32 years.

Moira.

Hi Heather. It's actually 63 Uttley street. Thanks

Hi Ann,

Number 63 isn’t listed., only the shopkeepers at numbers 12, 46 and 61,

Heths

Hi Heather, thanks for your reply
Regards
Ann

Hi Moira thanks for taking the time to search for this info. it's possible that these are the right people.
Thanks
Ann

Hi Moira, just remembered that the year for Annie Paris according to GRO is 1900.
Regards
Ann