Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marriage

There is a marriage notice in the local paper giving the date of the Packard/Price marriage and location as being Trinity which would fit with being Holy Trinity, Wicker and it being the same Ann Elizabeth. I will take a look at the archives today and find out the full details of the marriage.

Claire

Hi Jan/Claire,

We transcribed Holy Trinity Wicker back in 2009. The marriage is not listed.
Go to the Parish Records page and at the top you will see where it says "Marriages"
just click on that and then enter the name of one of the couple.

Errors are made and could have been hard to read so therefor not in our database.

From FreeBMD.
Marriages Sep 1864
Packard Frederick Sheffield 9c 510
PRICE Ann Sheffield 9C 510

Hope this helps.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Jan & Everyone

I've looked at the Holy Trinity, Wicker marriages and i've found the marriage. It looks to be the same lady!

22nd August 1864. Marriage by Banns. Vicar John Aldous.

Frederick Packard aged 21, Bachelor, Grinder of The Wicker, father William Packer, Game Keeper. Married Ann Price aged 20, Spinster of The Wicker, father Joseph Price, Silversmith.

Witnesses were Joseph Greenway & Mary Brocklehurst. Frederick signed his name, Ann gave her mark.

Hope this helps
Claire

Hi Jan/Claire,

Vicki just pointed out to me we had only transcribed the baptisms from Holy Trinity.
Sorry about the earlier message but the marriages will go on our to do list for down the road.

Glad you were able to find it Claire.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

I have a feeling, but could be wrong, that Ann Elizabeth and Elizabeth are TWO seperate people who both happen to just have Joseph as a father and the two Joseph's are different people. Yes ther could be a connection and I think it is possible that the connection is the grandparents of Joseph ie Grandparents had two sons who then both married and called thier child Joseph ie could the grandfather have been called Joseph. Hope you get my drift.

John