Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christ Church Stannington

Claire.

We transcribed them and the MI's were in a folder on our shelves (S&DFHS) but the last time I looked they had disappeared.

Angela

Hi Angela,

I think you are right in that the folder is missing. I was there 3 weeks ago and wanted to look at Stannington MIs and I couldn't find the transcriptions. I will ask the staff about it tomorrow.

Claire

Hi Angela,

Good news for Dave is that the MI transcriptions that were done do still exist at the archives. They are now in the strong room and you have to order them out which I did and he's in luck :)

Thought I would add that here just so you knew what the archives had done with regards to the transcriptions.

Claire

Thanks for that Claire.

Angela:grinning:

Claire, thank you so much for the mi. It confirms that there was an error in the original record in that son Benjamin was recorded as Joseph. He is Benjamin on the mi and at Gro. It also gives an age for Sarah 65 which fits with all the censuses and does not agree with her age as recorded at Gro 55 and on the original burial record 55.
I have also learned from it that they had a daughter who died as an infant. Absolutely brilliant. All loops closed on this one
Thank you again
Dave

You're welcome Dave. Glad there was an MI for the family and it proved what you believed with regards to Benjamin's death/burial.

Claire