Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: France/Barratt/Paramore/Housman

re paramore
From wh at i can see is that george paramore 1870 and elizabeth paramore 1880/81 are
both henrys children
joseph barret and mary an sellers having 1 child harry barret
not sure of the timescale but there is a hellen barret born 1882 died 1882 could be joseph barret and mary ann sellers/parmores first child
not quite sure

On elizabeth paramores birth certificate b1881 it does not state her father as henry paramore it is left blank
so we are not to sure as to when henry died so was mary ann sellars/paramore pregnant befor then married joseph barratt,
also did not find a marriage for henry and mary ann, maybe they did not bother with her having the paramore name from previous 2 marriages.

Harry Barratt was born on 31st January 1883
He was Baptised at St Stephens Church Sheffield on 4th April 1883
Parents Mary Ann & Joseph Barratt (File Cutter) living 33 Radford Street Sheffield

So it looks like the child belong to my 3 x Great Uncle joseph Barratt

Heather I have found a Baptism record for Eliza Paramore

Baptism place Sheffield, St Simon, Eyre Street on 06 Jul 1880 Parents Henry & Mary Maria (error) of 23 Matilda Street (same address as 1881 census)

Archive reference PR-57-1-2
Page 88

All 3 Paramore brothers are buried at Wardsend Cemetery

William Paramore age 23 was buried at Wardsend on 15th April 1864 Section Q Grave 343 He was the 1st Husband of Mary Ann Sellars/Paramore/Barratt

Mary Ann's 2nd Husband George age 28 was also buried in Section Q Grave 343 on 15th July 1866

Mary Ann's 3rd Husband Henry age 35 was buried 8th July 1879 Section Q Grave 341

The parents of the Paramore brothers are also buried at Wardsend mother Grace Paramore age 70 30th July 1871 Section Q Grave 343 maiden name Fenton

Father George Paramore age 61 28th June 1863 Section Q Grave 343

Heather I have found a Baptism record for Eliza Paramore

Baptism place Sheffield, St Simon, Eyre Street on 06 Jul 1880 Parents Henry & Mary Maria (error) of 23 Matilda Street (same address as 1881 census)

Archive reference PR-57-1-2
Page 88
Hello angela not sure if this is the correct eliza paramore 1880,as there was 2 paramore familys in more or less this area,as matilda street is a bit further over from were paramores lived.seem to have nearly identical names,

Paul

Hello Angela
Thankyou for posting the Burials for the 3 Paramore brothers in wardsend,
Also their parents George and Grace
I always wondered we're they was buried with living near St Phillips,now I can had this info to my collection.
Thankyou
Paul

I agree that the Baptism record for Eliza is incorrect after further research realised that there was another family living in Sheffield at that time ..I am sorry I forgot to retract this Baptism record

If You look at ttps://www.facebook.com/groups/wardsendcemeteryproject/permalink/2790424997645345/

I have told the story of Mary Ann Sellars/Paramore/Barratt who married 3 Paramore brothers & included evidence to support this

There are at least 21 members of the Paramore family buried at Wardsend Cemetery

Best wishes

Angela