Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Map of Moorgate Cemetery

I am wanting to visit this cemetery at the weekend to (hopefully) locate a few graves of people in my tree. Would anyone know if there are any plans/maps of the cemetery anywhere online to try and narrow down where I am searching? I've got the burial & MI disk from Rotherham FHS so I know the graves I am looking for did have a headstone at one point. The disk has the MI's listed in sections.

Regards
Claire

Re: Map of Moorgate Cemetery

Hi Claire,

TRY.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/20dceb43-eb9e-4381-88f2-96e0c4b6cd17

Elaine

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thank you for the link Elaine. Unfortunately that looks like I've got to take a trip to the Sheffield Archives to see the plans they hold.

Claire

Hi Claire,

To save time and energy how about e-mailing them first or phoning.

I dont know who administers Moorgate but surely they would let you have a map.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Try this page.

http://moorgatecemetery.org.uk/about-us/contact/

Hi Claire,there is a plan of Moorgate cemetery on this site. Select Burial Records in the left panel, then select Maps, then scroll down the page and you will find the Moorgate link.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reminder..... LOL.
And a swift kick.

Elaine.

Thank you Patrick for pointing that out. I had looked around the site and hadn't even realised there was a map section under burials....I do now :)

Thank you again
Claire

I'm due at Sheffield Archives on Tuesday if i can help.

Terry

Thank you for offering Terry. Hopefully the map on this site will be enough for me to locate the few graves I am hoping to find :)