Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gladys Louisa BOARDMAN abt 1900 /Edmund GREEN abt 1899 - Married 1925

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

A letter has been sent to a friend who lives in our local Graveyard - asking if anyone can find a picture of the graves for her mothers parents graves - her mother is now 86 and in ill health, and wanted to know if the graves are still there and asked if a photograph could be sent. This has been done, but we also thought we would check ancestry out for this lady, to see if we could forward anymore information for her. This is the information

Gladys Louisa Green born abt 1900 died 1934

Edmund Green Born abt 1899 died 1942

Both buried in Rawmarsh Cemetery Haugh Road - in separate graves (The Graves have been found)

It looks from the marriage Cert that they married in 1925 and Gladys maiden name was BOARDMAN

I cannot find anything on the 1911 Census or the 1901

I have found a birth for Edmund in Rotherham but the only Birth i can find for Gladys is in Lancashire, I have also found both probate records, on Edmunds it states probate to Accountant and Ernest Green (Maybe a brother)

From the dates that have been supplied, it looks as though Gladys died when the lady of 86 was 2 years old, and when her father died she was around 12.

It looks as though Edmund was a Grocer, also stated on Gladys probate records. All this information is also printed and ready to send, if anyone can find anymore information, i would appreciate the help, as i seem to have hit a block. the 86 year old lady in question Maybe JUNE M GREEN - DOB ABT 1932, as there is a birth for her with MMN BOARDMAN.

The lady who wrote the letter is Hazel Williams Nee Sykes. (daughter of the 86 year old lady. The letter was sent from Port Talbot in Wales.

I would just like to honour this ladies wishes if we can by sending any paperwork i can find of her parents.

Thank you for reading

Re: Gladys Louisa BOARDMAN abt 1900 /Edmund GREEN abt 1899 - Married 1925

Hi Dawn,

Is this the family?

1939 register - 161 Kilnhurst Road, Rawmarsh, Yks.
Edmund Green, D.O.B. 3 Jun 1898, Grocer & general dealer (own), Widowed.
Leslie Green, D.O.B. 2 Sep 1926, at school.
June M. Green (Sykes), D.O.B. 12 Jun 1931, at school.

There is a birth registration for Leslie in the Dec Q 1926. MMN Boardman.

Moira.

Dawn,

Do you have a copy of the marriage certificate?
If so,what are the names and occupations of the father's of Gladys and Edmund?
Gladys and Edmund appear to have married in Sheffield (Ecclesall Bierlow).

Moira.

Moira

Thank you so much, that is brilliant. At least we now have the 2 children confirmed. As well as the DOB for Edmund.

No i do not have the Marriage Cert, although i was tempted to purchase it for the lady, we now know her name is definately June.

All the info i have is just from research on my ancestry. The 1939 Census would be very helpful to my own tree. What site is it on?

Once again thank you for the information. I am also wondering if 161 Kilnhurst Road was a shop too? Bless this lady i think she will be so surprised by what she receives in the post.

I have also searched Military records and found nothing. Im wondering if Ernest was Edmunds brother (from his probate record)

Thanks again for helping 😃