Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DENTON Family information

Looking for help in finding the parents of Harry Denton, birth about 1852.
Harry Denton married Clara Taylor on the 19 February 1871 both Clara and Harry were living on Attercliffe Road. Harry Denton and Clara were living with Harry's father-in-law Edward Taylor on (Malhavon St.???)
On the marriage certificate it says Harry's father was Harry Denton (Labourer)
That's about all the information I have, I don't know if Harry had brothers or sisters??
Also not sure where Harry Taylor (father) was born or when. Again just know according to the marriage record Harry Sr. was a labourer
It doesn't mention on the marriage record that Harry Sr. was deceased so he must have died 1871 onwards
Hoping for a life support in finding information
Barry

Re: DENTON Family information

Could someone check for an 1841 census where a James Denton and his wife Mary both aged between 50-54 are living on Scotland Street, There is also a son Harry age 20-24 which would make his birth about 1817-1821. I cannot find the census to see what Harry's occupation is??
This may well be the Harry I am looking for???
Registration District Sheffield
Parish Sheffield
County Yorkshire,Yorkshire West Riding
Page Number 17
Registration Number HO107
Piece/Folio 1335/12
Affiliate Record Type Household

Household
Role
Sex

James Denton M 50-54 Yorkshire
Mary Denton F 50-54 Yorkshire
Edwin Denton M 25-29 Yorkshire
Harry Denton M 20-24 Yorkshire ???????????
Mary Denton F 12 Yorkshire
Sarah Henshaw F 25-29 Yorkshire
Hannah Blythe F 8 Yorkshire

Family on this site under 1841 census opposite named as Denten.Can find no occupation.

Barry C.

Barry,
According to Free BMD a Henry Denton married possibly a Mary Ann Daniels in Shffield 1842. According to GRO there were subsequently many Sheffield Denton births with Mmn Daniels. One of these was Albert Henry born in 1852.
Have you identified the witnesses on Harry's marriage cert?
Dave

Dave the witnesses are Henry Flower & Joseph Greenway not sure if I spelt the last name correct!!
The wedding took place in the Parish Church in the Parish of Wicker, Sheffield
Barry