Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bolsterstone Church Commitee 1892

I have come across a photograph of the Bolsterstone Church Committee which was formed on the 8th February 1892 for the funding of a peal of bells in the Bolsterstone Church tower as a memorial for Rev,John Bell. There are 27 men, all familiar names, including my John Ibbotson and Priam John Hudson.

If anyone is interested I will send it on.

Regards
David

Re: Bolsterstone Church Commitee 1892

I was a senior / Buckley with family from midhope Thurgoland and Bolsterstone and wondered if your photo has any of my ancestors on. many thanks.

Hello David,

My mother's maiden name was Helliwell. If there are any Helliwells or Wraggs in the picture I would love a copy.
Many thanks
Avril

Hi Avril

There is a Gam Helliwell, but no Wragg.

If you message me your email I will send a copy.

Regards
David

Hi Shaz

There are no Senior or Buckley.

Regards
David

Morning Avril,

Loads of Helliwells & Wraggs in the Bradfield Parish Registers which covered Bolsterstone for a number of years.

We are still working our way through the baptisms and have reach 1783. Still some being checked so have not been uploaded.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello David,

Are there any Ellison or Booth people in the photo? I have connections to both of these families.

Regards, Claire

Hi Claire

There is a Crispin Booth. Will email you a copy.

David

Many thanks David :)

Hello Elaine
Are there any Charles Walkers, or Charles Jeffcock in the Parish Registers please. Or maybe hyphenated uses of Walker and Jeffcock. The registry of his birth would be between 1828 and let's say 1841.
Thank you

Hi Karen,

I believe we have come to the end of the Bolsterstone Baptisms that were entered into Bradfield PR's.

Upon checking in the S&DFHS booklet on Parishes in the Shefffield area they quote the following.

St Mary Bolsterstone was a Chapelry of St Nicholas Bradfield.
The chapels of Bolsterstone & Midhope seem to run from 1665-1847.
With records being held at Sheffield Archives.

If you look at our Parish Records over to the left you will note that at the bottom of the first page you come to there is a link to an external site for Bolsterstone.

Looks promising.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype