Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Polly Rose

I have been told i have a great aunt called Polly Rose born about 1906 in Sheffield to a Henry and Mary Ann Rose (formally Ledger). I have found the 1911 census (Living at 20 Dovercourt Road) with the whole family on it including my great great grand mother Lily (born 1895) and i can not find a single document that says Polly Rose is a remember of my family when all my living relatives are telling me she is and they remember her being around when they were younger.
If anyone has any ideas id be grateful, i will ask my Aunts again this week but no one can understand why she is not there.

Re: Polly Rose

She was born in Sheffield in the June qtr 1906 and if you look on www.freebmd.org you will find her. https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Checking on the GRO index gives her mother's maiden surname as Pemberton.
Lyn

Hi Kerry,

On the 1911 census at Dovercourt Road, there is a daughter called Mary Ann
aged 13yrs (b1898). Many girls with the name Mary Ann were often called
Polly by the family.

Moira.

Hi
In 1911, the Polly Rose born 1906 mmn Pemberton is living at 45 Alfred Road
William Rose 47 b.Willenhall Staffordshire
Harriet Rose 47 b.Willenhall Staffordshire
James Rose 13
Hannah Rose 11
Lena Rose 9
Sarah Rose 8
George Rose 6
Polly Rose 4
Ivy Rose 3
Violet Rose 1
Dinah Harriet Rose 6 Weeks
William Pemberton 36 boarder
Aron Jackson 18 boarder

All the children are born in Sheffield with mothers maiden name Pemberton.
I am not sure if this is your PoLly Rose.

Sue

Hi Kerry,
In 1901, Henry Rose (Stone Mason) and Mary Ann Rose (nee Ledger) were living at Bernard St, Sheffield, with them were:
Henry 16, Elizabeth Alice 13, Kate 9, William 7, Lily 6, Mary 3, and a boarder/stepdaughter, Edith Ledger 14.

Henry poss.died 1910 age 51.

In 1911 there is an M. Rose (male widower-stonemason) age 50yrs. living at Sheffield Park with him are,
Edith Ledger(23), Kate(18), William(16), Lily(15), Mary Ann(13,George Henry(11),Gladys Jane(9),Harold(7)
NO SIGN OF POLLY ROSE OR THEIR MOTHER, MARY ANN (unless they really fouled up on the census recording

There was a Polly Rose born 1906 Sheffield (Free BMD and a marriage in 1925 in Sheffield of a Polly Rose to Ernest Pickersgill.)

Happy hunting
Wendy in Guelph

Hi again Kerry,

There is a death record on this site(SI) for Henry Rose D:1920 at 20 Dovercourt Rd, buried at City Rd Cemetery, his wife Mary Ann, D: 1905 at 61 Bernard St in same grave and there are two more children in the same grave, William and Ethel

Cheers, Wendy