Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
‘Putting the past on record’ - Sheffield Indexers Article

Hi everyone

For those of you who don’t live in it’s distribution area, there was an article printed in the recent edition of Sheffield’s Active 8 magazine entitled ‘Putting the past on record’.

It’s now been placed on the About Us page - click 3rd down on left hand panel - if you would like to take a look.

Warning: :warning: Not suitable for anyone with a nervous disposition as it includes photo’s of Elaine and myself.

Vicki :astonished:

Re: ‘Putting the past on record’ - Sheffield Indexers Article

Active 8 comes through my letterbox it was a nice surprise to see the article I enjoyed reading it and wasn't scared by the photos ha, ha!

It was a very enjoyable & impressive article -I hope it stirs up some interest!

Geoffrey. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its a great article and lovely to put faces to names after all this time :)

I do still use my own twitter account (as the Indexers doesn't have social media presence) to try and promote our records when a new set has been uploaded :)

Claire

I agree with Claire, it is really lovely to see pictures of you both, and, it
was a very good article. You are both to be congratulated for the work you
have done.

Moira.

"We're not as good as Ancestry or Find My Past"

Piffle :smile:

To re-write Shania Twain

"So you've got a zillion subscribers
and a mountain of sloppily transcribed data...

That don't impress me much"

In everything but money and size Sheffield Indexers is ahead, starting with community, passion, determination, open-handedness, attention to detail and insatiable curiosity

Hugh

I agree with all of the above.
I started with Sheffield Indexers many moons ago and haven't deterred from reading several times daily. I wouldn't have found my own father's origins let alone ancestors from way back had it not been for the generosity and determination to help from the likes of Elaine, Hugh, Angela and many more offers.
I'm deeply indebted to all on Sheffield Indexers, they are like family.

Regards,
Marlene C.
P.S. You both look as I would have envisaged, nothing scary there girls!

I agree! A brilliant site, with lovely helpful folks. Great to be able to put the faces with the names. And what lovely smiling faces as well

Heths

I second all that has been said and in particular that it is lovely to be able to put faces to names. Long may the Sheffield Indexers continue.

Judith

Agree with Hugh's comment. I had a free pass for both Ancestry & FMP (& was shocked at the volume of transcription errors / typos! I attempted to correct them, yet to see if that actually works; corporate sites are about £$, not humanity)- but it was only on Sheffield Indexers that I finally found my G'dad's birthdate / place! And later details about other relative's tragedy's & workhouse admissions. Thank you :purple_heart: :revolving_hearts:

How lovely after all these years to put faces to names. Often wondered what you both look like.
Thank you both for your commitment and hard work over the years.