Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checking for a burial for Edward Taylor possible 1872 in General Cemetery, Sheffield

Edward Taylor's wife was buried 15 July 1872 in General Cemetery Sheffield. Mary (Lynham) Taylor died the 12th July 1872 at 25 Maltravers Street, Sheffield
Apparently There is a Ml on this grave not sure what this means?
The death record I have for Edward Taylor is for the Dec Quarter of 1872
Edward Taylor was a Foreman

Is it possible someone could check this burial out and see if Edward was buried here or Later??
Barry

Re: Checking for a burial for Edward Taylor possible 1872 in General Cemetery, Sheffield

Hello Barry

I've checked and there is no burial at General Cemetery for Edward.

I have though found the couple on the 1871 census and Edward is 55 born Chesterfield. There is an Edward Taylor on the 1881 census that is born Chesterfield, aged 65, and widowed. He is lodging in Dronfield. Is this likely to be your Edward?

Claire

Re: Checking for a burial for Edward Taylor possible 1872 in General Cemetery, Sheffield

Claire, I also found the 1881 census with Edward Taylor, this is why the death for 1872 doesn't appear to be correct.
Another person on ancestry had marked Edwards death as 1872 and I was double checking.
It's quite possible the Edward in the 1881 census is the correct date to start looking from 1881 onwards.
There is a death for an Edward Taylor in 1882 on free BMD with the correct ages of 65
9c 225 Also the LDS site lists the death as:-
Age (available after 1866) 65
Birth Year (Estimated) 1817
Volume 9C
Page 225
Line Number 358
I wonder if anyone could check this burial out, please
Thanks Barry