Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOSEPH SENIOR & PARENTS

I am looking for my brother in law Joseph Senior. On his Marriage certificate dated 06 - 10 - 1915 to my sister Ethel Wheatcroft in Watersheding Oldaham His fathers name is Irvin Senior, I have found a marriage for Irvin Senior to Sarah Hazeltine Apr - Jun - 1927 in Oldham Vol 8d Page 1948, On Joseph's death record he died 12 - 04 - 2009 in Brisbane Australia this record gives his date of birth as 24 - 06 - 1930 in Leeds I have checked the Yorkshire births records for for this record but I have found any mention of a Joseph Senior also I have checked the Lancashire birth records for his birth, The only record I have found is for a Joseph D. Senior born 1935 in Oldham I have obtained a copy of this record but it gives his parents as Joseph Senior & Ethel Lord.
I hope you can help yet again.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: JOSEPH SENIOR & PARENTS

Hi Fred,

From FreeBMD.

Births Sep 1930
Senior Joseph North Leeds North 9b 383

Is this your chap?

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Fred
The marriage of your sister is 1951 not 1915-I am sure this is a typo.

I think the birth Elaine has found is correct but it has been wrongly recorded.

If you look at the original listing of the birth index, there are two Joseph Seniors recorded together.
Jun- Jul-Sep 1930
Senior Joseph mmn Hezeltine S.Shields 10a 1398
Senior Joseph mmn Leeds North 9b 483

I have feeling the recorder has got his lines mixed up- It happened to one of my relations.
So the marriage you found for Irvin Senior could be correct.

I will email you the index

Sue

Hi Elaine,
Once again thank you very much for your very kind reply, I did check the birth record for Jospeh
but his mothers name was north. I will now send for the copy birth certificate for the Joseph Born in South Shields Durham this one does give the mothers name has Hezaltine.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Sue,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply. I will send for a copy birth certificate for Joseph born South Shield. If this is the correct one his parents must have got to South Shield to find work. His father Irvin was born in Dewsbury 1865 and his mother Sarah was born in Oldham and they married in Oldham, and in 1939 they must have returned to Oldham the were living at 29 Castle Mill, Street, Oldham.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Fred
You mentioned that Irvin Senior was born in 1865.
According to the 1939 register Irvin was born 21 Nov 1907.
He is recorded as Ivan Senior at 29 Castlemill St Oldham

I can't find a birth registration for Irvin in 1907 but this one looks useful.

Senior Irvine Dec 1906 Wakefield 9c 33 mmn Thompson.

I think Irvin got his dates mixed up.

Hope this helps
Sue

Hi Fred
Found this death

SENIOR Irvin 21 Nov 1906 Oldham Dec 1971 10f 256

Sue

Hi Sue,
Many thanks once again for your very kind reply, I did try three times yesterday but for some reason or other I was unable to sent you any of the messages. thanks to you I did have these details O josephs Birth But I found The Oldham one was the wrong parents so I have sent for a copy of the one born in South Shields at least he has the correct mother's maiden name.
I will let you know if it is the correct one or not.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Sue,
I have just received a copy birth certificate Joseph Senior son of Irvin Senior & Sarah Heseltine He was born 24 /06/1930 in 11 Staple Road,Jarrow, South Shields Durham.
Once again many thanks for all your time and trouble in assisting me with my family.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.