Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bradfield Parish Church

Could I ask for help from some kind person please.

Apparently in St Nicholas Parish Church there is a plaque that has all the Curates of the church and the years in which they served.

Malcolm Nunn and myself are a little confused with the years that we have been given by
our friend Hugh Waterhouse. Malcolm has made this suggestion re the plaque in the church.

If you could help us I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Bradfield Parish Church

Hi Elaine,

What is the suggestion that Malcolm has made? Are you needing someone to go to the church and take a photo of the plaque? I could probably get there at the weekend and take a photo of it if that's what is needed.

Claire

Hi Claire,

That would be fantastic.

If the photo shows names and dates they were the curates at Bradfield we can work with that.

Thanks for answering my request.

Elaine in Ottawa.

No problem Elaine. I will go up to Bradfield over the weekend and see if I can find the plaque :)

Regards
Claire

Before I checked the Clergy database I posted a query on a Facebook page for the church. They posted this list, said to be 'from John C Wilson's 1969 history of the church'.
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26907879_917640888403118_7299509954277688958_n.jpg?oh=02b5eccfb1b3c4cfede464ea08eaf0d0&oe=5AEBCB0E

This may be inferior to the database. It doesn't distinguish, for instance, between Harker Cook, the (perpetual) curate and J Trotter, an assistant curate who served under him.

Hugh

Evening Hugh,

I have printed off the list and will see how it compares with what is actually in the church.

Very hard to see which curate is performing the baptismal ceremony's from the registers.

*Claire*...... I dont want to waste your time but if you are still willing to go and photograph the plaque in the church, I would appreciate it.

Will share the findings with Malcolm Nunn so he will have them for future reference at Bradfield Archives. Vicki has just uploaded more baptisms into our database for Bradfield.

Any errors please let me know if you are a Bradfield researcher as these pages are very faded. Visions of Malcolm and myself standing on our heads is very appropriate. LOL.

Thanks Elaine.

Hello Elaine

I've just emailed you a photo of the plaque inside of the church. I hope it's what you needed :)

Claire x