Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: another brick wall

He possibly traveled out on the Tunisian in July 1903 and disappeared in 1909 probably from where he was placed. They had certain people out there that would visit wherever the children were placed and report back to the homes here. Although on the outward passenger lists on Ancestry it looks more like a shortened version of Frederick.
I've searched all the free Canadian databases I could find but nothing comes up. Left me wondering what could have happened to him.
Thanks
Lyn

Hi Lyn

"After the last inspection in 1909 (they had people visit to see how the children were getting on) it was noted in the guardians minutes book that he had disappeared."

Could you let me know where you found this information please. I think my grandfather's sister might have been a "British Home Child" and I believe she travelled to Canada aboard the Corsica on 25/07/1912 but I don't know where she went afterwards. I know that she eventually married and settled in Michigan but it's the first years of her being in Canada that I am interested in.

Jenny

Easier if I send you a pm.
Lyn