Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Liversidge Surname and Variants

I would be interested to hear from anyone researching this surname, any spelling. I am tracing the spread of the name nation/worldwide, and would like to pinpoint its first appearance in the greater Sheffield area.
This site has provided lots of useful information, allowing me to cross reference church and civil records. However, I still have a lot of gaps, post civil registrations, which suggests there are lots of non-conformist baptisms still to find. Any help in pinpointing these chapels, and the families involved with them, would be much appreciated.

Regards
Steve

Re: Liversidge Surname and Variants

Hi Steve,

To give you an idea of what material is available at Sheffield Archives over to the left you will see our SITE Map

Once you have clicked on that you will be taken to a page that shows Parish Records in the third column. Down that column you will find C of E & Non-conformist list of Churches and Chapels.

Have you also looked at "Genfair" they have the offerings of S&DFHS transcriptions.

Hope this helps.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Liversidge Surname and Variants

Hi

We (Sheffield & District FHS) have transcribed all the non-conformist baptism and marriage registers held by Sheffield archives. Note:some cross over into North East Derbyshire. They are available on Genfair and have also been submitted to FindMyPast.

Early non-conformist baptism registers (before 1837) should have been deposited with the National Archives when civil registration began. This is hit and miss though as not all registers were handed in.
Angela