Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
st vincents

hi does anyone know were i can buy a copy of the book st vincents a history of a parish and if they are going to pull it down
thankyou

Re: st vincents

Hello Irene,

The book is difficult to find, maybe contact the new St Vincents at Crookes? The old church is being renovated for the University.

Regards

Terry

irene
hi does anyone know were i can buy a copy of the book st vincents a history of a parish and if they are going to pull it down
thankyou
Irene if you send me a pm by clicking on the email icon I can give an email address of someone who may be able to help.
Lyn

hi terry thankyou for your reply. im glad that the church is being renovated and going to be used do you know if they are going to pull the old school down
irene

hi Lyn
i dont seem to be able to send you an email so ive enclosed mine
thanks irene

Hello Irene,

According to 2016 report in the Sheffield Star The parish will retain ownership of the old school building and refurbish it to retain a continuing church presence. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/parish-praise-for-plans-to-turn-church-into-student-hub-1-8210965

regards.

Terry

Re: St vincents history

Hi Irene,

Do you happen to mean the following book?

"The History of St Vincent’s in Sheffield© ~ An original story written by Ted Cummings"

If so its under our "Cherished Memories" section. Ted & I believe its was his daughter were kind enough to give it to us. I believe he has since passed on.

I am not sure if all his facts were correct but an interesting story.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype