Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW1 Graves

There are several members (6) of my ancestors who died during the first world war and I know on the site which I mentioned I did find two photos (newspaper cuttings I think) and was hoping to find if there are more photos.So frustrating as I lost the site when my computer went down.

Give me a list Marlene and I'll have a look

Hi Marlene,

Just to let you know, the site is still online and is definitely available.
Try this link: http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bagnalls99/servedinww1/

Marlene,

The site with photographs as Dean stated is still available.

try..again.

http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bagnalls99/servedinww1/2952/

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thank you I must have been all thumbs when I tried but yes that is the site I was looking for. Yet once again you have come up trumps for me Thanks.

A search on the quoted web page has found a photo of my Mom's cousin.
I also thought I had come across a cousin of my Father, William Henry Palmer, Corporal 786514
Royal Field Artillery who according to CWGC records was KIA 26th of July 1918 age 29.
However, the photo of William Henry has a note underneath saying he was killed Oct 28th, no year given, age 31.
The address given is 364 Cricket Inn Road.
William Henry is on the Roll of Honour in St John's Park close to 364 Cricket Inn Road.

A dilemma again with this sometime frustrating hobby !

Is this Dad's cousin on the photo ?
The regiment and age match.
The house location is very close to St John's church.

Could the date of death under the photo be incorrect ?
Have instances been found before where the paper has relied on an unreliable source for KIA information ?

Roger, according to the war graves website there were 2 different wh palmers, both corporals in RFA and both died, one on each of those 2 dates.
Dave

I will add to my post above that I have found only the one William Henry Palmer in Sheffield

Roger, according to the war graves website the WH Palmer who died 28 10 18 was number 20562 and was 21. His mother was the late Mrs Eliz Wright of Sheffield.
Does that add to the confusion?
Dave

Hi Dave, disappointed to find that the photo of William Henry is not Dad's cousin !

Thanks for you input

Roger