Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RE:surnames

Ann, you can be 99% certain. To be certain you need to find the children together with one or more parent in censuses. Alternatively you could buy a birth cert. The chances that there will be another Lockwood Norburn marriage in the same place in the same time period are very small. To give yourself even more confidence you could use FreeBMD to show that there was not another marriage. .
Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply, i will look on freeBMD and check marriages .
you have been very helpful
Thank you

Hi Ann,

John Lockwood and Clara Lizzie Norburn, married 28 July 1889,
Sheffield Parish Church.

Thomas Lockwood, born 28 Dec 1898, bap 15 Jan 1899 at St. George.
Parents - John and Clara, sheep shear smith of 2 Binns Lane.

Frances Mary, born 15 June 1893, bap 2 July 1893, at St. George.
Parents John and Clara Lizzie, smith of Brightmore St.

Moira.

Hi Moira thanks for the info, i already have that info.
I'm actually trying to find out if clara and john had any more children?
Has you will see from my original post i have found two more and from looking on GRO it says mothers name Norburn.
i did what dave suggested and found one marriage in the time line and i also put in different years but didn't find any more marriages in the time frame. so hopefully these two are relatives of mine.
Kind Regards
Ann

Anne. According to Gro Grace was born in 1898 died Age 8 in 1898, however her burial on this site says she was 8 months old not 8 years. Annie Alberta was born 1896 and died 1896 according to Gro.
Dave

Hello Dave,
As a researcher of my own family and as an indexer i found errors like yours in the GRO
which they have since corrected.

I have also come across bad errors and downright laziness in Findmypast which i have stopped correcting since they make money and we do not.

Search a question mark, see what comes up and view the image, you will probably identify much.

Terry

Hi Dave, yes i saw that on GRO about Grace and i doubled checked on here so i have that info,it also says on here that Annie Alberta died aged 17 days.
Thank you for the info
Regards
Ann

Hi Ann,
I was looking to see if any of your Norburns were related to mine as it's quite an unusual surname. They seem to have lived in similar ie Kimberworth and Wentworth but so far I haven't found a link. I have fairly extensive research on the family from two other people as well as my own and many fascinating stories if you have more information

Hi, if you look on this post you will see the info i have previously posted.
i don't have a lot of info at the moment but i will be happy to share what i have.
would you mind giving me some of your info? i can then see if it matches mine.
i know that her parents were called Samuel and Mary ( Machin )
Regards
Ann

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your reply. I have scanned my direct line and will send to you via email. There is a very interesting story in the Norburn family where my GGG grandfather killed his brother. The story featured in the WDYTYA magazine a few years ago. After it was published I met the GGG grandson of the brother who was killed. He took me out for lunch despite our differences!

Hi Ann,
Just worked out I have a common ancestor with Clara about 10 generations back for me and 7 for Clara so very distant cousins!

Hi Lois, thanks for your reply , that is a very interesting story, i haven't found any interesting things out about the Norburns so i will be great to add that info to my notes.
i know you said that Clara was a very distant cousin but at least there is a connection and i'm grateful that you are willing to share the info with me.
if there is any info you need? and if i have it or come across some then i will let you know and be willing to pass it on to you.
Regards
Ann

Hi Lois i have replied to your email
Regards
Ann

Were the family about in 1911 it says on there how many children born alive and how many died that may help.
Bev