Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Knowle Top Stannington Burial records?

Hi Peter,

If you look at our 1841 census for William Horsfield (over to the left) he would have been seven. There is no seven year old listed on our index. The one in Nether Hallam is 15 yrs old and could have been older because of the rounding down of ages that was oddly done on that census.

Lots of Horsfields baptised in Bradfield but I have not got to the 1800's yet.

Elaine in Ottawa.

PS. I can only find him & Emma up to the 1891 census living at Wadsley. (Dykes Hall Rd)
He was a Blacksmith on that census.

Instant Messenger: Skype

The nearest record of death to the information I have is William Horsfield d. Q4 1904 at 70 years old in Sheffield. The William Horsfield headstone I have seen at Knowle Top is the one that died in 1906. I think the 1901 census has the name Horsfield spelt a different way, I have a print of this but not to hand at present.

Peter, in addition to the 1904 death for William in Sheffield there is Emma 67 died Sheffield q1 1905..
According to GRO they had several children but two died young, Joseph born and died 1857 and Rose born 1861 died 1868 age 7. Both in Wortley. Note that parts of Wortley reg district moved to Sheff reg district 1901. I cannot find burials for any of these four deaths. It is likely that all four are in the same place. That means we can say theywere not buried in any of the places for which we have records in the period 1857 to 1905. Unfortunately that covers quite a few places if you look at the dates given.
Dave

Found Him.

William Horsfield aged 70 Buried 3rd Jan 1905.

80 Dykes Hall Rd, Hillsborough. (CNT 6-6)

Loxley Congregational Chapel.

Thats why I wasn't finding him I was looking in the C of E Indexes.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Many thanks Elaine and Dave, this could also be where a few of my other ancestors are buried. It looks an interesting place (!)

Peter