Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help wanted burial site

Morning,

What we have transcribed is what City Road have..but.....it might be helpful to look at different spellings in our database. That you can do yourself.

Elaine in Ottawa.

PS. I have just looked at my 1968 Street Directory and there is NO Cottam Road but there is a Cottam Street which is just off Penistone Road. I have just checked on a current map and there is indeed a Cottam Rd at High Green. Does that indicate its a new street?

I think that the reason we are not turning her up is she is probably buried in a churchyard i.e. Ecclesfield or Chapeltown etc. As I mentioned before when S&DFHS completed their project for the NBI (Churchyards) they did not go as far as 1942.

Hope this helps.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Cause of death included senility. Would there be a nearby hospital that she may have been in that posssibly bury all their deceased patients in a cemetery near that hospital? I found this with another reative. I will search the database now

Hi again,

Yes Middlewood Hospital they used Wadsley Parish Church. We have a map under our burials top of page with the area marked out. There again we run into the date problem.

Wadsley Church, Sheffield - 1848, 1906, 1909 to 1910

Those dates look odd...... Can you check with S&DFHS and see if their transcription covers more.

Instant Messenger: Skype

It does say cottam street as Charlotte's address where she was living. I assumed it meant cottam road as I know high green and know there is no cottam street so thought it was a error. As for the register I searched for all Charlotte's 1300 of them but only 3 starting with v and they were Vernon so not her. 63 Vesseys but not her so I will send for the death certificate and see from there.
Thanks for all your help