Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thomas Stacey and his 2nd wife Rebecca he married 30 May 1847 Cathedral Saint Peter

Hi Barry
Sorry about typo. Rebecca did die in 1856.
The General Cemetery is not at City Road. It is located in the Sharrow area of Sheffield-on Cemetery Road.
I will email the info to you.

Sue

Re: Thomas Stacey and his 2nd wife Rebecca he married 30 May 1847 Cathedral Saint Peter

Dave I did find Thomas Parker Stacey record on Ancestry. I have looked on many collections of records on Ancestry, although Rebecca Stacey does show up on Free BMD I am unable to locate a record I can attach to her.
Elaine mentions about Thomas being on Free BMD, I have used it many, many times only to find I have the wrong person, because no ages were there.
Only last week I wanted a person and I had the name correct for a death in 1863, Only to be corrected by another member saying it should have been 1864 because the 1863 same name, same town, was 8 years old and not 33 years.
If anyone can find a record for Rebecca which I can attach it would be appreciated. Probable on FMP.
Although I have now got the years, I would have liked the burial records if possible.

Hi Barry

This is the link for the updated GRO index

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

This gives the age at death from 1837 to 1865.
From 1865 the age at death was included in the GRO index.

Angela