Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
attn: Yorkshire Robsons and Grahams

Looking for anyone from Yorkshire who studies genealogy and loves local history! My Robson and Graham ancestors came from Thixendale and Fridaythope mainly - especially before 1840.

Simon Robson tailor of Fridaythorpe, 1800...or Nicholas Graham, grocery shop owner in Thixendale, around 1860? Just a couple names. I have many ancestors buried at Fridaythorpe, quite interested in grave photos there. Also in Thixendale, namely Gills Farm/Cottage, where likely my ancestors lived - any photos, old or new.

I have tons and tons of details and info - please email any ideas or possible links, thanks so much!
genmtdew@gmail.com

Re: attn: Yorkshire Robsons and Grahams

Hi Robsons and Grahams researcher.

Fridaythorpe & Thixdale as your accurately state is in the old East Riding now East Yorkshire.

Fridaythorpe is halfway between York & Bridlington and does not fall into the area that we can cover.

I can offer a suggestion that you have a look at Family Search and see if the folks you are looking for are listed there. You need to start going through Parish Registers.

Hope that helps

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: attn: Yorkshire Robsons and Grahams

Thanks, I would certainly hope to post on the forum below, but requires registration...bit embarrassed to admit I can't find how to do that? lol Any suggestions or help would be great, never had this problem before - tried emailing the webmaster but no luck.

http://www.driffield.com/forum/index.php?sid=edac90857c12f47731f94848c7ce1767