Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1841 census for George Barnsley b 1810 d 1874

Leisa.

If it is George Barnsley Scissorsmith, then his address is Harvest Lane.

George Barnsley, Tailor, has an address of Morpeth St.

Angela

Hi Lisa,

Just to give you a nudge.. Over to the left you will see a heading Census Sheffield 1841.

Click on it and then enter George into the search area and you will see there are 4 or 5 George Barnsley's with their street address.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Ey up sither Elaine,

Stop nudging people, lol.

Ey up Rodger,

Dont want to see all our transcription work going to waste even though FindMyPast & Ancestry try to keep muscling in on us. LOL.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes. BUTTTTTT as a cat lover I hate the saying but you get the gist.

Just had a marathon TV viewing of "Who do you think you are" and in some cases found I could do a better job researching than what they showed. Then again dont think mine would have been that interesting but it left me with many questions I would have liked to have asked.

This "Hobby" of ours is thrilling at times. NO Kings or Queens in my lines. Just plain Yorkshire folk. God luv um.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Nowt wrong wi Yorkshire fooalk Elaine!

They never show all the work to trace people in Who Do You Think You Are, if only it was as easy as they portray.

I've no royalty either just a small time thief of a 3x great grandfather who was transported to Australia leaving us Yorkshire fooalk behind with all the rain while he wallowed in the sun!

I always turn to Sheffield Indexers for the wealth of information not found elsewhere, the burials and school records being prime examples, thanks for all those.

Regards,
Marlene C.

I love being descended from Yorkshire folk. Mind you my grandmother did not have the Yorky accent I'm familiar with. My mother says it was more akin to someone from Coronation Street.

Love visiting Yorkshire and will be up there in a couple of weeks.

Agree with you about how little effort and work is shown when researching family history. I guess the idea is to tempt and drum up more customers for Ancestry.

Is there going to be any other census's put up?

cheers big ears

Leisa,, the 1921 census is due to be released in January 1922. Unfortunately the 1931 census was completely destroyed by bombing in ww2 and there was no census in 1941. The best we have there is the 1939 index available on FMP. And very good it is!
Dave