Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JAMES MOOR FISH

JAMES MOOR FISH married Rachel Gofton in Scarborough Yorkshire in 1846. He and his family have moved to Sheffield between 1862 - 1867 going by the births of his children.

James baptised in Owston Lincolnshire on 12 Nov 1826 to Robert Fish and Elizabeth Moor.

Thanks to the Sheffield Indexers I have found that he is buried in Attercliffe Cemetery. I was just wondering if there are any monumental/headstone transcriptions available to purchase for this cemetery.

I would also be interested in making contact with other researchers of this family.

Kind regards
Sharon (Australia)

Re: JAMES MOOR FISH

Hi Sharon,

Sheffield & District Family History Society have transcribed the MI's from Attercliffe Cemetery.

A Downloadable copy can be purchased from them.

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/products/

You can pay with a credit card which will make it easier for you in Australia.

Hope this gets the ball rolling for you.

Elaine in Ottawa Canada.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Sharon, My wife is related to James Moore Fish distantly, His Daughter Mary Elizabeth Fish born 1848 Hunmanby married William Reeve 1864 Sheffield, their Daughter Susannah Gerty Reeve born 1883 Sheffield married Albert Edward Meeds 1902 Chesterfield, Their son Jack Meeds married my Wife's aunt Frances Clarke 17 Dec 1932 at St. James Church Woodhouse. The same church we were married. Jack and Frances had one Daughter Eileen Meeds who still lives in Woodhouse. Any help I can give you I would be glad to supply. I am on Ancestry, are you on a geological site? regards Barry

Elaine, thanks for this, I have downloaded the file.

Sharon

Hi Elaine and Sharon

I don't recall that we have transcribed the Memorial Inscriptions at Attercliffe.

The link you posted is for the burial records.

Angela

Hi

Yes, it's a list of everyone who is buried there. However given what I read there and what has been indexed I don't think there would be headstones. Mind you I am always happy to be proved wrong if anyone knows of a MI booklet for this cemetery.

Cheers
Sharon

Hi Sharon/Angela,

Sorry about that I misread the heading.

"BURIAL RECORDS AND MONUMENTAL TRANSCRIPTIONS"

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype