Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Louis W P Hoskins born 1908

John, it is highly unlikely that he was the one married to Florence in the 1939 Register. That would have been bigamy.
Dave

I think it looks as if Louis was a bigamist. There is a death for him in New Zealand. Louis William Hoskins, date of birth 28 May 1908, died aged 95 in 2003. There is also a death in New Zealand for Florence Vera Hoskins, date of birth 26 February 1917, in 1988. In 1939 they were living at 60 The Fairway, Ruislip - his date of birth is shown as 28 May 1905 but Florence's is as above. I have not discovered when they went to NZ.

His daughter,June Hoskins, was born in 1933 and there is a marriage to Michael Platt Hulley registered in Sheffield December qtr 1957, volume 2d, page 61. He also had a son, Michael J. Hoskins, who was born in 1937. He married Janet A Stokes in Sheffield in 1960.

Margaret

Margaret many thanks for your reply, that does sound very interestng indeed. I wonder if a) I can obtain the death certificate and b)I wonder if he left a will. I shall use a well know search engine to see if I can find this info. John

John,
I assume you are aware of the birth of Anthony C Hopkins, mmn Griffiths, in Uxbridge in 1940. Ruislip is very close to Uxbridge.
Dave

Correction, Hoskins not Hopkins
Dave

Louis William
Last name Hoskins
Birth date 28/05/1908
Age at death 95
Registration year 2003
Registration number 2003/7744
Certificate ordering To order, visit https://www.bdmonline.dia.govt.nz/NonHistoricRecords
Record set New Zealand Death Index

Hope this will be useful John.

Margaret

Many thanks Margaret, sorry for late reply, something called Work got in the way