Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MOLLY BUTTON NEE FORESTER

Birth registration 1st qtr 1925, Bristol vol6a p204
Molly F FORRISTER (mmn Forrister).

There's a probate entry in 2015 for Molly Flower Button which might be her (Google tells me there's a death notice but the page won't load)

Caroline

Hi Dave,
thank you very much for your very kind reply. on Artur & molly's marriage certivicate Molly's name is given as Forester and her fathers name is given as Brown and molly was a spinster at the time of this marriage so I can only assume that Molly may have been adopted by Harold.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Fred, rather than assume adoption I think I would assume that she may have been born illegitimate and perhaps knew the name of her father.
Have you seen Caroline's brilliant find in her reply? It looks like she has found the birth you are looking for in Bristol in 1925 (Molly F Forrister). Not only that but she has found the probate for Molly F Button. That middle initial F almost certainly confirms that is the correct birth. I note that it looks like she was illegitimate,
Dave

Edit, Molly was too young to show up on 1939 register. She, like you will be locked

Hi Caroline.
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. Thank you very much for your very kind reply. I will send for a copy birth certificate for Molly Flower Forester Forister her name on her marriage certificate is very hard to read but there is no initial F in her name.I do hope this is the Molly I am looking for.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Dave,
Many thanks once again How I missed Carrole's reply I do not know I have to put this one down to old age creeping in. I will let you know when I get a copy birth certificate for her and I will also try and get a copy death certificate for her.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

I have found Mollie on the 1939 census
Brown Household (6 People)
4 Council Houses Ryhall , Ketton R.D., Rutland, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS
Molly Button (Forreston) 13 Jan 1925 Female Day Girl Single
Edwin Brown 07 Apr 1863 Male Stone Mason Married
Norman Brown 01 Apr 1929 Male At School Single
Hugh Dunthorne 07 Jun 1917 Male Farm Labourer Er Married
Olive Dunthorne 12 Oct 1919 Female Housekeeper Married
Trevor Dunthorne 04 Sep 1938 Male Infant Single

Hi Sue, Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information. Thanks to you I have now got a little closer to compling this part of my family.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Forgot to say on the 1939 register it shows as Forreston but when I checked the original is definitely Forrester. Also the Olive Dunthorne was originally Brown.

Hi Sue,
May I also add my thanks. Following your finding of Molly I have checked through the details of the 1939 register on FMP and now understand why Molly is an open record. That will be useful for the future.
In this business we go on learning every day.
Once again , thanks
Dave

I think this the same Molly because the 1939 register shows the same birth date
NAME: Mrs Molly Flower Button
BIRTH: 13 Jan 1925
DEATH: 24 Mar 2015 - Corby, England

Its strange that she is down as Button on the 1939 register as she would only be 14 and Button is her married name. That is usually added when they marry!

When you search the 1939 register all the names for an individual are indexed.
She is Molly Forester (indexed as Foreston) with the Forester struck out and replace with BUTTON.

And here's the death notice
http://announcements.johnstonpress.co.uk/obituaries/northamptonchron-uk/obituary.aspx?n=molly-button&pid=183428459

widow of "alf" I suspect that's an error . 2 of the children match the names found earlier.

Caroline

Caroline, I see now I reversed the names, Smary