Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW2 KOYLIE Attestation Papers

Elaine.

I have just received my father's Royal Marine records for WW2 I already had his records from the Coldstream Guards. The M.O.D. were at WDYTYA and I spoke to them there giving his name and service number, they contacted me to say that they had located them and sent all the forms and the reference to apply for them.

I applied to the Ministry of Defence and they cost me £30.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

Angela

Elaine and Angela,
I recently did a similar exercise for my cousin on her father's ww2 records. Very rewarding. The details available are well worth the time and effort. The records are full of jargon, acronyms and abbreviations, some of which do not show up on the list provided with the papers. For these I found that a forum called ww2talk was very useful, friendly and informative.
Dave

Dear All,

Thanks for all your information. I think we can start the ball rolling. As we do not know my father in laws service number we will be starting from square one.

Not cracking up here (Angela lol) It was Patrick Stewart's father on "Who Do you think you are". We had been binge watching four episodes in one sitting and I became confused. LOL.

Thanks, Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype