Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christ Church Attercliffe

Hi Karen

From the Sheffield MI list I found this.

ATTERCLIFFE, Christ Church
Details from headstones, with graveyard plans (undated). Reference DIOC/4/1

Not much help I know if you can't get down there, but they do exist. Meanwhile I'll put them on my list, I'm hoping to get there in the next couple of weeks.

I can't find anything for Silkstone at Sheffield
Angela

Hi Angela

Many thanks for your reply and great to hear from you!

I understand the MIs that were once on the Indexers site have been lost (for the want of a better word) as the person who had them is no longer involved with the site.

Best wishes
Karen
PS Look forward to seeing you at Stocksbridge in October!!

Hi Karen,

Just to set the story straight. We never had any MI's prior to 2014 and there are only
a few mentioned for the posted Church & cemetery. See MI's over to the left.

Tony's fantastic photography covered City Road, Christ Church Attercliffe, St John's Park and St Thomas Brightside. When we had a request for a MI for any of those cemeteries he would look them up on his computer and was able to send a copy of the photographed headstone if he had found one. Unfortunately Tony had a computer malfunction somewhere along the road and lost most if not all the photographs. Very distressing as you can imagine.

However I see that Angela has agreed to check Christ Church out for you on her next visit to the Archives. That is unless someone else would like to help us with photo's of the existing headstone there. Seemed quite safe the last time I visited.

Small Cemetery not that many head stones........we would love some Kind Soul to offer to help.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

I am thinking back probably 30 + years and seem to remember a chap called Eric Howgate recording the MI's in that cemetery.
If I am right with my memory, wonder what happened to them ?

They were probably deposited at the Archives. No photo's of course.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype