Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to Locate a Burial

Hi All,

I am trying to locate a burial for Lucy Parkin Grove (sometimes Parkin is a middle name and sometimes its a double-barreled surname with Grove). She lived in Masbrough, Rotherham but I have located a newspaper report dated 21st April 1937 which states she had been an inmate at Wadsley Asylum for 18 months and had died there. Her husband is buried at Moorgate Cemetery but she doesn't appear to be there.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Claire

Re: Trying to Locate a Burial

Hi Claire,

Will try and give you some pointers but the answer may have to wait until you move back to Sheffield.

S&DFHS Transcribed the burial register for Wadsley Church from 1835-1903 only.
Missing registers from May 1891-Jan 1895.

Burial Registers are help at Sheffield Archives from 1835-1966 with those missing years.

However...... I wonder if those missing years might show up in the Grave Book with have been transcribed (Sheffield Archives).

Having said that I realize that is not going to help you right now with a 1935 burial. It will at least help you decide what to look for next.

Fingers crossed.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Claire

Since we initially transcribed the Wadsley burials we have now transcribed them to 1966. Eizabeth is not buried there.

Angela

Thank you both for replying. Thank you Angela for checking Wadsley for me, at least I know she's not there now.

Claire

Thanks Angela for the update. Have changed it in my book.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello again,

I've just found a burial record on FMP (it wasn't there before! so presuming it has come up in the update last Friday). However, it's showing at Kimberworth on the 21st April 1937. What I am wanting to know, is it more likely she's buried at Masbrough Cemetery rather than Kimberworth church? Does anyone have the transcripts of this cemetery that could check?

Many thanks
Claire