Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loxley Cemetery

David,
May I suggest that you simply Google Wisewood Cemetery. The top few answers seem to indicate that, as already suggested by several answers,that is what you may need. If I read it correctly Loxley Chapel, now burned down, has a GRAVEYARD, overgrown. Wisewood CEMETERY is in Loxley, is still active and is a woodland setting. The grave records are at Sheffield archives for both. It seems likely that Wisewood Cemetery could be known as Loxley Cemetery
I am sure that if you email to The Sheffield Archives and explain your situation they will find a way to help. Alternatively if you post on here the info you have about the grave someone who is visiting the archive may look it up for you and tell you where it is.
Anyone out there visiting the archives in the near future and willing to do a look up for our antipodean friend?
Regards, Dave

Dave
I appreciate your help and also the comments from others.
The persons name is Stephen Scott and possibly the middle name is Charles.
The date of birth is 23 August 1958 and his date of death is 29th December 1959.
It is believed that he is buried in The Loxley cemetery.
Hopefully someone can find burial records and can possibly assist me
Regards
David Bishop

Hi David B.,

The important point when contacting the Archives is to mention thats its Wisewood not Loxley Cemetery. The problem we have when researching such is that many of the transcriptions that either we at Sheffield Indexers or Sheffield Family History Society did do not go as far as 1959. That as DaveT mentioned would only be found at the Archives. Just to be clear when we transcribe we usually start as far back as the records go and work our way forward. The Archives used to limit how many years we could transcribe with cut off dates. 100 years for baptism 75 for marriages and 50 years for burials. I must admit that we here at Sheffield Indexers have pushed the limit somewhat. So following that guideline we could come as close 1967 only. But as I said we do push it a little.

What might be a reasonable suggestion is that he could have been buried in a family grave that was already at Wisewood(Loxley) Cemetery can you come up with any other names that would enable them to look at the index for you.

Many of us do have other indexes and they can be purchased from Genfair.

https://www.genfair.co.uk/supplier_list.php

Look for Sheffield Family History Society.

Hope this helps.

Elaine.

PS Its Loxley Congregational Chapel I have an index of (S&DFHS). There are NO Scotts buried there. BUT I dont think it goes as far as 1959.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Contact Malcolm Nunn at Bradfield council offices.
He will be able to help you.