Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Information needed

Thanks. Elaine

Hi Ann,

When I look at the info you have given us something is just not sitting right.

If Ben was born 1833 he is on the 1841 Sheffield index..... Dont you think its a long shot that he remarried in 1907? or am I miss reading you.

Have you followed him on different census?
There is a tree on Ancestry that has him baptised in Rotherham. Father George & mother Mary.Is that correct?

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi

According to the marriage at St Anne's Netherthorpe he was aged 21 when he married Alice Jackson, February 5th 1905 so born in 1883/4. I think 1833 is probably a typo.

Angela

Hi Elaine, I meant to put 1883 . His parents where called Thomas ward and Jane M Meeks both born in Staffordshire .
Thank you for pointing out my mistake .
Regards
Ann

Ann ward
Hi, I've been searching for information on my g g grandad Benjamin ward born in Sheffield 1833. I know he married Alice Jackson in 1905 in Sheffield then they moved to Coventry where my grandad Thomas ward was born in 1907 then Alice moved back to Sheffield and left them in Coventry. I couldn't find out what had happened to him since 1907 but recently came across a burial on this site and it says Ben Ward ( labourer) aged 50 was buried Feb 20th 19 1932. There is also a Sarah Ann ward ( widow) aged 56 buried 17th may 1939 in the same grave.
I think perhaps he remarried? As I've found a Ben Ward and Sarah Ann Brookes married Sept 10th 1910. How do I find out if they had any children together?
Any info will be gratefully appreciated
Thanks

Hi Ann,

It seems that you have the family line going back so we will leave that with you.
I believe that we have helped you in the past and probably suggested that you need to do more research in the Coventry area around 1911.

The more you come forward the harder it is for not only you but us who dont know the family story to come up with suggestions. I would say that maybe looking at rate books for both Cities could be a start. They had both died prior to 1939 so that index would be of no help.

I suggest you purchase that marriage certificate (1910) and see if it is him.
I believe from earlier research that I suggested you check out other trees on Ancestry.

Thats as far as we can go. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype