Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mortimer marshall

Hello Kim
William Leonard Marshall, aged 75, Retired, of 91 Norwich Row, unmarried, died 23rd Dec on Park Hill, Sheffield, was cremated at City Road Crematorium on 30th December 1974,(cremation number 104560). Henry Marshall was also at the above address and William's ashes were scattered at Hutcliffe Wood, Sheffield, Section 9. regards, Christine Steers.

Christine, Kim
FMP has a death in Sheffield in 2005 of Henry Leonard Marshall, born in 1922. Is that just a double coincidence? Or did he take on Leonard as his second name?
Dave
PS, in my earlier message about Picture Sheffield and Maps I said they show Sheffield in the early 19th century. I of course meant early 20th century. Sorry

Hello Dave, Kim
There is a birth registration on FreeBMD for Henry L Marshall, mother's maiden name, Mortimer, in Sep Qtr 1922, Sheffield. Christine

Christine, oops, how did I not spot that L in the birth reg. So that 2005 death is definitely the right one for Kim.
Thanks, Dave

Thank you all,

I think I am a bit (a lot) slower than most of the sheffield indexers here. Finding all this information would have taken me months. :)
(If I don't reply immediately, it means I'm slow (just a bit) but still very enthousiastic and grateful)

Dave, I asked my colleagues from Geel to visit the cemetary to make a picture and they're more than happy to do that. I'll forward it to you then.

:), Kim

Kim, thanks, my cousin will be very grateful.
For your info, a picture of the address that William Leonard, and Henry, were living at when William Lawrence died can be found on Picturesheffield. It was on the top level of apartments (flats) on Park Hill.
Dave

Hi Dave,
2 emails came your way if correct.
it meant a lot to my colleagues (and me) to be able to help.
(Please let me know if they didn't came through)

Best regards,
Kim

Kim, thank you so much. Wonderful pictures, and so much more than I expected. Please thank your colleague Ann for me. My cousin is over the moon
Regards, Dave