Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hallamshire Book of Apprentices - but a different topic again .....

Thanks Hugh,

Just thought I would ask before someone else did.

Elaine in Ottawa

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Hillary

Re the Hallamshire Cutlers - the on-line copy I provide, is a scan of a photo copy of an original. As such there would be no transcription error, other than any made by Leader in the original volume.

Hope that helps-

Regards - Eric

PS - re - possible transcription errors - the copy of the Book I accessed is held by the LDS, at Salt Lake.

I assume Sheffield Library holds a copy for reference. Other than that iy would be nessary to check or have the original
entry checked at the Cutlers Hall

Regards - Eric

Thanks Eric for filling us in.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi

I guess we need to be careful with our terminology and to differentiate between First Edition Copies and copies of the first edition.

The LDS at Salt Lake have a First Edition Copy as I assume have the Sheffield Libraries University and Cutlers Company. Although the publication run cannot have been large.

I have a photo copy of the LDS First Edition - so to the best of my understanding I have provided a facsimile of the original Leader publication. The only more authentic reference being the original records held by the Cutlers Company.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Eric

PS it does appear to be a large format book, in the original publication around A3 size.