Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burial place for Leonard and Harriet Hall.

Hello
I am trying to find the burial place of my 3x great grandparents, Leonard Hall B.1807 in Sheffield and his wife Harriet Hall(nee Bagley ) B, 1811 In Sheffield. Harriet died 13/12/1878 at 36 Artizan View, Heeley. Leonard died 20/1/1885 at 32 Artizan View, Heeley. Try as I might I can not find out where they are buried. I am hoping someone on this forum can please help me.

Re: Burial place for Leonard and Harriet Hall.

Hi Monica

They are buried in the General Cemetery, Cemetery Road.

Anglican Section D2 Grave 67.

Died 20 Jan 1859, Buried 25 Jan 1859 Frederick Hall aged 6y 9m, son of Leonard Hall, Joiner, Cemetery Road.

Died 28 May 1876, Buried 1 June 1876. Leonard Hall aged 41, Joiner of Alexander Rd.

Died 30 Jan 1878, Buried 3 Jan 1879, Harriett aged 67 wife of Leonard Hall, Gentleman of Artizan View

Died 19 Jan 1885, Buried 24 Jan 1885 Leonard Hall aged 77, Gentleman of Artizan View.

According to the index there is an MI for this grave, you would need to visit the archive to access this or contact the office at the general cemetery who also hold the MI's.

Angela

Hi Angela
WOW!, thank you for the fast response. When you said that there is a MI inscription for this grave, does this mean that the headstone has been removed. I live in Manchester and a few years ago I visited City Road cemetery only to find the headstones had been removed, and the area turned into a field.
Thank you once again
Monica.

Monica.

I cannot be sure if this one has been removed, but a lot have.

You can contact the cemetery at: http://gencem.org/burial-research/

Angela

Hi Monica,

Sounds more like the General Cemetery that you visited.......

The Anglican portion looked to have been cleared of headstones when I last visted.
That is a number of years ago now. Did the other side of the cemetery look very overgrown?

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello
Just to say thank you to Angela and Elaine for your help. And yes Elaine I did mix the two Cemeteries up, as it was some years ago that we visited the two Cemeteries the same day.
Once again thank you.
Monica.