Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WILLIAM H. B. JACKSON

Hi Moira,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information Please could you let me know which web site you found the 1939 cesus record for William and his family.
also would you have a GRO record number & place of birth for William. I have tried to find these records but no luck so far.
My veryt best wishes.
Fredv Wheatcroft.

Fred.

The 1939 register is available on FindMyPast, it is not a census.

"In December 1938 it was announced in the House of Commons that in the event of war, a National Register would be taken that listed the personal details of every civilian in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This Register was to be a critical tool in coordinating the war effort at home. It would be used to issue identity cards, organise rationing and more. War was declared on the 3rd September and National Registration day was September 29th.

Angela

Fred, on 1911 census there is a William Benjamin Horace Jackson in St Neots age 13. He was born in Quebec. He was nephew to Frederick Horace Beeson who was born in Edgeware, Middlesex.
Dave

Hi Angela
Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply thanks to you I have now got the information I was looking for.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.