Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Service record for WW1 for a Fred Walker

John thank you for the information, I have just e-mailed Malcolm with my little knowledge of the Walker Family. I am hoping to incorporate your information to his.
Again thank you
Barry

Barry

If you look at both John's and my reply you will note that we had both found the same chap.

BUT as I said his birth date is not the one you gave us.

The Census & FreeBMD.Birth Registration......gave us.

"Walker Fred 1898 — 1911 1911 Census For England & Wales Wath upon Dearne, Rotherham, Yorkshire, England "

Sep 1898.
WALKER Frederick Rotherham 9c 701

I believe the one with a 1896 birthdate was a driver with the Royal Engineers.His records were the only ones I could find. His Next of Kin was a sister called Annie. I did not see a sister called Annie on the 1911 census.(1898 Fred)
Which I guess would mean his parents were dead.
FreeBMD has the following
Sep 1896.
Walker Fred Rotherham 9c *29
Walker Fred Rotherham 9c 755

Malcolm's information just might fit the bill.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Elaine, the date of birth for Fred Walker came from Fred Walkers daughter.
Patricia did mention about another child that Fred Walker had with his first wife a daughter named Irene Walker born in Rotherham, born in 1931.
Patricia mentioned that Irene was possible placed with an Uncle Percy (Percival) This Percival is on the 1911 census.
When Patricia talked with me today she happened to mention a lot of the family records and paper work were misplaced when another sister Barbara went to a solicitor, just before she died
That's as much information I have
Thanks Barry