Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charles Heaton/Ann Clayton

Is it possible for anyone to give me any information about Charles Heaton and Ann Clayton.
They married in Sheffield in 1830
Charles was born 1801 and died in April 1848 in derbyshire
He lived in Hackenthorpe/Beighton
Ann Clayton was born in 1810 in Derbyshire/Sheffield....(Dronfield was shown on 1861 cencus when she marries 2nd husband Stephen Staniforth) and died 1875.

If anyone would like to help I need ...
Parents for Charles Heaton & 1841 cencus and
Parents for Ann Clayton & 1851 cencus as a widow Ann Heaton hopefully showing the road where she was living in Hackenthorpe.
Thanks

Re: Charles Heaton/Ann Clayton

On the 1841 census at Hackenthorpe, Charles, Ann and son Sam are
living with a Sarah Clayton. If Sarah Clayton is Ann's mother,
there is a marriage at Beighton in 1796 between Sarah Staniforth
and Samuel Clayton.

Ann Clayton bap 15 May 1809 at Dronfield, father - Samuel Clayton
of Dronfield.

There are two baptisms at Beighton:
Samuel Heaton bap 4 Aug 1831 and William Heaton bap 3 Sep 1832.
Parents of both are Charles and Ann of Hackenthorpe, mason.

Moira.

Hi Moira, Thanks for this information.
So are you saying Sarah Staniforth married samuel Clayton who's child was Ann Clayton who then married her 2nd husband Stephen Staniforth ??
Have you any way of finding Charles Heatons parents.
Do you have access to 1851 cencus to show Ann Heaton as a widow and if the image shows which road she was living on, Im hoping it is Brook Lane Hackenthorpe.
Thanks Moira

I'm afraid I can't find Ann in the 1851 census.

There is a baptism for a Charles Eaton at Handsworth,
born 15 Feb 1797, bap 12 Mar 1797, parents - William and Sarah
of Woodhouse.

The above date of birth matches the year of birth when
Charles Heaton, aged 51yrs, was buried at Beighton in 1848.

Moira.

Hi

Anne Heaton wasn't a widow in 1851 as she married Stephen Staniforth in 1850 at Rotherham All Saints. I have placed the marriage on FreeBMD.
I am in touch with Nathan Staniforth who also has Stephen in his family.
Angela

Karen I literally sent you the Census records in an email showing Stephen Staniforth as the father, if you need me to email you them all again then let me know, Stephen Staniforth married Ann Heaton and died a widow at the house at 1 Brook Lane.

Moira that's not the same Charles, Charles Heaton Staniforth is at Christchurch Hackenthorpe and his death is 11 April 1917.

Ooohhh silly me of course she was married. I've spent hours looking for Ann Heaton in 1851 and I knew she married Stephen Staniforth along. I've been looking at too much stuff at once so one at a time from now on.
Thanks all for your help

Kaz, if you want me to send you on all of the Census' with them on let me know, I managed to find them right back to 1841 at 1 Brook Lane.

Just sent you an email Karen with every Census record showing our Charles Heaton Staniforth.

From Angela at the Sheffield Archives:

Ann CLAYTON of Dronfield (see census) bap 15 May 1809 (father Samuel) married Charles (H)EATON at Sheffield Parish church 28 June 1830

Charles (H)EATON died 19 April 1848 according to the indenture, he was buried at Beighton 23 April 1848 and his age is given as 51 years. Ann (Clayton) HEATON then married Stephen Staniforth in 1850.

The 1841 census list Charles and Anne EATON at Hackenthorpe living with Sarah CLAYTON aged 65 and what appears to be a son Sam aged 9.
As you know, no relationships are given in the 1841 census. I would suggest that Sarah is Ann’s mother and Samuel is the son of Charles and Ann. You also know from the indenture that the father of Charles is called Samuel.

Samuel CLAYTON married Sarah STANIFORTH (Ann’s parents) at Beighton in 1796

Charles Heaton STANIFORTH married Annie MILLER in 1871.