Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ecclesfield christenings

Hi Helen

Thanks for that, that takes me back another generation (always exciting when that happens!). I don't suppose there is a marriage for Nathaniel on your CD?

Hope the sinuses are better today-a lovely summer day here in Melbourne!

Regards

Peter

Helen C.
Hi Peter,
Thanks, but I don't feel on the ball today. I have a rotten sinus cold.
Amelia Foster bap. Feb. 19,1826, Sam I. Foster bap. Aug. 5, 1827, William Foster bap. Mar. 7, 1830, and Henry Foster bap. July 29, 1832, all at St. Mary's Ecclesfield, parents James and Hannah Foster this time written as being of Brackenhill, and James is still a nailer. No the marriage only shows the bride and groom's names, nothing more. Do you know when James or Hannah were born approx. and I can see if I can find them in the Ecclesfield baptisms that I have.
Helen C.

I wonder........

Brackenhill where in the Ecclesfield area was it?

I think James being a Nailer as many were in the Ecclesfield area is also a clue.

I would stay local to be honest. BUT as we all know folks did move around.

Dont give up.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Elaine- Brackenhill seems to be about 2 miles NW of St Mary's Ecclesfield. Windmill Hill was less than a mile E of Brackenhill. So it is very local-except for Appleton- Le-Street.

I'm new to this so have only just seen your message Bracken Hill is one mile straight up from Chapeltown roundabout going up Burncross Road you come to a cross roads turn left and that is Bracken Hill on your right hand side just as you turn there is a pub called Acorn Inn.