Whilst checking out Geoffrey's missed ancestor in our database in 1665 I made this observation which many of you will have sorted out for yourselves but here goes.
Many of the names were abbreviated whether they were in Latin or English and I found the most accurate way of finding them was by putting in the first three letters of their first name with a Wildcard next. The Surname stays the same.
e.g. William Ashforth
is in the database as Will'm Ashforth.
I used: Will* Ashforth.
The Latin ending of names were missed by many
so by using the Wildcard(*) it will pick those up.
Easier than trying to think how the Vicar could have possibly spelt the name.