Sam-n-Rose's Message Board

feel free to sign my message board.

Sam-n-Rose's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
interview con iTejano website

Location unknown? Como estan I am Jonathon barrio con this exclusive interview. During our search for new tejano websites, well at least new to us we came a across a site que I must admit que its professional well put together and I am referring to iTejano, it's just too cool. We have been given an exclusives interview con the owner and admistration of this, now let's travel the web to that interview.

Jb. Como estan we want to thank you for giving us this time for any exclusive interview?

iTejano: Thanks for the opportunity to reach all of the Tejano fans and others in the industry.

Jb. First of all, how to do you keep track of all the activities you have going on your website?

iTejano: Well it's really easy the way we have it set up, it has alot to do with the programming. The site has taken over a year to develop and design, and has cost a pretty penny to put together. I have two wonderful programmers that have helped me develop this really user friendly website.

Jb. We have noticed that your are marketing skills are way above and beyond greatness compared to other tejano websites?

Itejano: I really owe that to my father. Having been raised in the Tejano Industry, by my father Marcelo H. Tafoya (First Lifetime Achievement Award winner of the Tejano Music Awards) and learning broadcasting, newspaper, marketing and advertising from him. I think I have a bit of the old school and the new school twisted in me that has helped me develop a great marketing method to reach the Onda. I must also mention the members they are great, they have spread the word more for me than I could have ever done by myself.

Jb. What are the future plans for iTejano website?

iTejano: We are in the process of adding our own Tejano Radio show featuring Marcelo H. Tafoya, and a few other industry professionals and possibly some other industry pioneers. An Internet TV Show is in the future, also more clothing, and an online market place for Tejanos. And we will be focusing alot on the community, our goal here is to allow Tejano's the ability to meet, greet, befriend, and join together to help re-build Tejano to it's once held prestige.

Jb. We also noticed que you offer much more than other tejanos sites, such as tejano videos, tejano radio, tejano clothing, tejano forums, and tejano classifieds, how do you manage to get all this together?

iTejano: Having been in the industry I have noticed there was a lack of community in Tejano. We have no place to find out the latest news, hear the latest music, watch the newest videos, and more. Tejano's in Kansas, Washington, and even London, England want to know whats going on, where are the bands, how can I hire them for my daughters wedding, or where can I get the cloths. It just seemed common sense to put them all together and create a one stop shop for Tejano.

Jb. I am more than sure you seen that same old question that tejano is dying., what is your take on that issue?

iTejano: It's been said for the past 5 or more years. Having been one of the founding members of the Austin Tejano Music Coalition and learning from a pioneer I have learned one thing Nothing is Dead till you admit it is dead. Tejano is at an evolutionary step. It's like when they said 20 years ago that Country and Western was dead, all they had to do was allow it to evolve and it grew to become the largest music industry in the nation. We were once called the sleeping giant, I believe we are still sleeping and it's time to splash some water in the face of the industry and wake it up.

Jb. How in the world did you come up with iTejano,its fantasty?

iTejano: Oh wow now that is a question. I remember laying down one night about to go to sleep, and it hit me iTejano it was perfect! I jumped out of bed and bought the name that same night. You can say it in English or Spanish and in many forms (iTejano, eTejano, HayTejano) it's virtually a Brand in itself. I hope people one day just point to themselves and say iTejano instead of I am Tejano. It's just more personal. Thank god I didn't go back to sleep and forget it the next day.

Jb. If you have chance to speak to young tejanos and latinos, chicanos, what would you like to share with them en la onda tejana?

iTejano: I would like to tell young Tejano's that they are the future. Remember the past but don't live in the past. The future is yours, if you believe you are playing Tejano and it's your style don't allow that to limit your beliefs. Tejano is bigger than Texas - it's a soul, and culture you can be born in Washington and be a Tejano. It's all in the soul, Tejas is the state of freedom remember Gonzalez, Goliad, and the Alamo. Believe in your culture and remember it and make it your own.

Jb. We want to thank you for your time you have given us?

iTejano: I want to thank you for this interview and invite anyone and everyone, Tejano or Not. To please visit the site www.itejano.com and become a part of the movement.

Well raza the