Sam-n-Rose's Message Board

feel free to sign my message board.

Sam-n-Rose's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wondering about Cool Arrows

I previously made this message on Tejano Times but I guess the owner greg doesn't want anyone to see what my comments were because my message is gone from the board.

So I'm coming to your board which I should of done in the beginning because your much better site.

I had some concerns with one of my what use to be favorite hang outs in San Anto "Cool Arrows" seems everytime I go there now there's fewer and fewer people that go there now. Is it because the way the sound of the music is. Seems like they need to update their equiment. I've been a regular on Thurs. and Sun. there the best days to go but haven't seen Bad Boy Al lately. He is one of the best DJ's in San Anto and he really knows how to throw it down with his mixes and knows his music. All I've been seeing in DJ Jake he's good but he's the bad boy. Now I see some dude in a Cowboy hat...who doesn't seem like he knows how to mix. Also I use to be able to look at Tejano Times and enjoy seeing new faces and people having such a great time. Now all I see are the same old faces with no variety of entertainment. I use to love going and checking it out everyday. Now its like I don't even want to waste my time.

What happened I know they remodeled Cool Arrows and it looks great but some things didn't need to be changed the DJ (bad boy) was one of the best reasons me and my friends would go. The people were cool to but no one goes anymore....that didn't need remodel the music...other than that the beers cold and the place is a nicer looking place to go....but bring back to old Cool Arrows.....the old Tejano Times.....

Could this be it for one of the best bars in San Anto?

Your website is cool to go on and see all the great information about Tejano and Conjunto you guys to a great job with your website and always seem to stay to same format....keep up the great work...your site is one of my daily duties to look at.....

thanks for letting me express myself.....

N E one have anything to say.......?

Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

Your right without Dj Al mixing it up @ Cool Arrows it just isn't the same... Went out their Saturday to hear Los Amables the band was great place was packed but the Dj in the cowboy hat in my (opinion) needs to go!!!!Bring Al Back!!!!!

Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

Stop hating,,There's a reason why your (unknown)I think your embarassed to display your name cus you dont want people to know you still go to Cool Arrows.Hi Unknown my name is Albert and im still a cool arrows fan,ive been since they opened.Hey,the music has always been good and the Dj's have always rock that place.lol,,,funny you sound like you have to much time on your hands,to be worried about what Dj is playing,or what Dj is better. I know all the Dj's at cool arrows and there all cool.Drama,Drama,Drama,,,,,,So Cool Arrows keep up the good work,,,Djs come a dime a dozen,,regardless what dj is playing ill always be a customer at Cool Arrows.....And yes you (unknown) Do be shy.I dont think anybody cares but about the Djs,,,obviously no one has responded to you, oh i did and im just wasting my time like you r...Stay Cool and see you at Cool Arrows

P.s Keep up the good wk Tejanotimes.Samnrose,,luv ya...

Re: Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

COOL ARROWS STARTED DIEING DOWN A LITTLE BIT WHEN THE MOTORCYLE GANGS WERE HANGING AROUND...THEN, THE NEGATIVE TV NEWS...AND THEN FIESTA...BIT IT IS REGAINING ITS CROWD BACK........THE DJ'S HAVE LITTLE TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS ..SINCE ALL THREE DJS ARE GREAT...AL- JAKE- AND THE NEW GUY ALL HAVE A GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC.
A CLUB DIES ONLY WHEN THREE THINGS HAPPEN 1. HIGH PRICES
2. BAD REP 3. ENTERTAINMENT THAT REALLY SUKS (i am talking a rock n roller playing rock all nite in a tejano bar for example)
COOL ARROWS --SO FAR ---ONLY FALLS UNDER NUMBER 2.

Re: Re: Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

I COULDN'T HELP BUT TO PUT IN MY TWO CENT ON WHAT WAS GOING ON AT COOL ARROWS, I PERSONLY HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN QUIET A WHILE BUT THE REASON FOR THAT IS THAT I DON'T LIKE DRAMA AND ALLOT OF THE DRAMA COMES FROM THE DJ'S SOON TO BE WIFE "LINDA " AND HER LITTLE POSSY, I MEAN COME ON THAT CRAP IS FOR HIGH SCHOOL, LINDA "KNOW ONE WANTS YOUR MAN" TRUST ME I'M A DUDE, BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE AL, BUT IT THE HONEST TRUTH. ANOTHER THING IS THERE IS A LOT OF HATERS THERE IF YOUR GONNA CLEAN HOUSE START BY CLEANING BEHIND THE BAR, WITH THE RUDE BARTENDER, "GLORIA" THE REAL REASON COOL ARROWS HAS LOST A LOT OF REGULARS IS BECAUSE OF HATERS LIKE HER AND LINDA AND THE CREW "GIRLS" GET REAL AND ACT LIKE ADULTS ALREADY!! AS FOR COOL ARROWS I LIKE THE MUSIC, THE CROWD ISN'T THE SAME BUT OH WELL!! JAKE'S DOING A GREAT JOB WITH OUT AL, AND AS FOR Able HE'S OKAY. CHRIS NEEDS TO START CLEANING HOUSE REAL SOON OR HE'S GONNA GO OUT OF BUSINESS, THE WAY HIS DAUGHTER TREATS PAYING CUSTOMERS. "TINO' "sorry chris but it's the truth"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

1st of all linda hasnt been der in a long tyme. so how can she start drama?

2nd. if gloria mistreats some of da customers is prolly cuz dey r rude to her.

3. bout haters? pues der is always gonna b haters everywhere u go. it seem ur 1 of dem.

4. cool arrows is still a gr8 place to hang out. da dj's r doing a gr8 job playing music ppl want to hear.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wondering about Cool Arrows

Tino is it??? I couldn't help to believe that its just a name your hiding behind and not revealing your true self. I don't believe you know me "Tino" my name is Linda.....now you had to know that when you decided to put your two cents in you were going to get more than you bargain for....I want to know what ****** you off more. Is it because we can have a group of friends that can go out and have a good time with each other, every time and that people see that or is it that maybe you have no friends......hmm???? As you know well you do make a lot of incorrect statements in your posting. Al no longer works at Cool Arrows....so don't refer to me as the DJ's soon to be wife LINDA. I'm just Linda...as for "know one wants your man" and that is how you posted it. When it should read “No one” I never said or acted as if anyone did....but yes he is mine, all mine and I am very dam proud to have him...if your a dude as you say u are, u must be playing for the other team to make a comment like that....as for my little posse, wrong word (not to mention it is misspelled...its called friends...and as for my friends....if you knew any of us, and I hope and know that they would agree with me when I say..."we don't like drama, we're just a group of friends that like to go out and have a good time" that is until haters like "Mr. Tino" here comes along..... Now as far as cleaning house at Cool Arrows I know some of the trash has been disposed of little by little seeing how you haven’t been there in a while as you say…..You want to bad mouth people over a computer and expect to be respected by it and tell them to stop hating and act like adults….well you’ve heard of the saying “practice what you preach” and c that making a statement like that, well your very much contradicting yourself. Now I don’t mean to speak for Gloria, but being a bartender is not an easy job….you put up with a lot of rude, drunk, sarcastic, impatient and belligerent customers. Don’t get me wrong there are great ones too….you seem to get a variety of them. Now if she happens to defend her self by her actions in doing that, I believe she has every right…its not the most glamorous job working with customers like that but she doesn’t need to be treated that way either…maybe you happen to be one of those customers and needed to get a dose of your own medicine. So unless you have experience in that type of job, u shouldn’t be saying a dam thing. Haters are everywhere and they are basically people who are not happy with themselves and their lives that they have to lash out at others who are happy and enjoy their lives and people see that…..Cool Arrows will always be a place that will never lose their business. Al may not work there anymore but they still have great music, great prices and great people that go there. Now I suggest if you have such a big problem with me and my friends or the bar….be a man as you say you are and approach me next time you see me. That way I can tell you when I see u, why it is that your hating on me, my crew and Cool Arrows…..one more thing….you made a remark about being an adult and not being in high school….well maybe you should go back to school and take another course in grammar and spelling, a lot of what you wrote does not sound grammatically correct or has error in spelling and as an adult you should know all these things already. Now normally I wouldn’t lower myself to give a hater such as yourself a response, but when you attack me personally as you did or my attack my friends be prepared for the consequences behind it because karma is a B---h!!!!!! Sorry that is “THE TRUTH” Tino

Linda