Return to Website

Tiger Rumblings

This is a huge fully indexed site containing 800 documents and  316980 words and is by no means perfect, so if you see something is wrong or you are having difficulty with loading a page, please feel free to comment on it via e-mail or the GuestBook. or the 439 Tiger Notes , or if you have a question on 439 Tiger Squadron. Since feedback is essential for a work such as this, feel free to add your comments.

Tiger Rumblings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
439 Squadron Memorabilia Found

I rescued some cold-war-era framed military plaques that were being thrown away in the trash. One of them is from from the 439 Squadron and displays a sticker of the 439 Tiger Squadron "Fangs of Death" in the middle of a white 12"x10" matte-board which is then hand-painted with a background of CAF F-104 interceptors streaking across the sky in the background. It is a nicely done painting. The plaque was made to commemorate participation with the Air-Ground Operations School at Sembach Air Base in Germany. It is not dated but appears to be from the Cold-war era, my guess is 1970's to early 80's. It is in the original wood frame, with glass.

Also, the name "Donald Holman" is prominently lettered on the front. It seems he was associated with the 439 Squadron, but it is unclear who he was.

I would like to sell it, and thought those associated with the 439 Tiger Squadron might be the most interested. If anyone is interested, please contact me, and I will be happy to forward photos of it.

John
Email: Lochiron@yahoo.com