Return to Website

Tiger Rumblings

This is a huge fully indexed site containing 800 documents and  316980 words and is by no means perfect, so if you see something is wrong or you are having difficulty with loading a page, please feel free to comment on it via e-mail or the GuestBook. or the 439 Tiger Notes , or if you have a question on 439 Tiger Squadron. Since feedback is essential for a work such as this, feel free to add your comments.

Tiger Rumblings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updates November

Novemeber 11th is fast approaching, and I am trying to get newly arrived historical photos and documentation onto the website before that date.

A major task was putting together the Book of Remembrance into a downloadable audio digital format. Volume I rememebers Squadron personnel who never made it back following WW II.

Volume II is in the works and features those Tigers lost in the Cold War.

The Tiger Spirit is well represented overseas. Martin Abbot informs me that he presented 439 SQN’s College of Arms badge to the Royal Air Force Club in London in September of this year. As a member of the club he was troubled that the Squadron was not represented in the club’s extensive collection of badges. So I had the College of Arms do up the insignia. Now all 439’ers visiting the RAF Club can enjoy their tiger being represented with all the other Canadian squadrons. Thanks Martin.

If you have a 439 Tiger tale to tell, let me know or post them here. It's your website, I'm just the webmaster. Till nest time.