toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Attention: Inner Layer--There may be a major problem with the Durbin Election

Maybe even a little jail time involved. This was in the Charleston Gazette today. You should get hold of the Sec. of State immediately and get an investigator up here NOW.

From Drop Box

Please don't tell me that any of the pollworkers were kin to the candidates! IT IS FORBIDDEN BY LAW! Get hold of Donna Meadows-Price immediately too!

Re: Attention: Inner Layer--There may be a major problem with the Durbin Election

Re: Attention: Inner Layer--There may be a major problem with the Durbin Election

At Least Preston County had enough sense to close the polls rather than call in the kinfolk to help with the counting!

I contacted the Secretary of State, still no answer. I'm going to try again.

And yes, Pat "Adams" Proud is married to Councilman wanna be and current mayor Frank Proud. On top of that, Adams-Proud was on the ballot for re-election of recorder WHILE she was counting the votes!

3-1-28. Election officials; eligibility, suspension of eligibility.
(a) To be eligible to be appointed or serve as an election official in any state, county or municipal election held in West Virginia, a person:

(1) Must be a registered voter of the county for elections held throughout the county and a registered voter of the municipality for elections held within the municipality: Provided, That if the required number of persons eligible to serve as election officials for a municipal election are not available or are not willing to serve as election officials for a municipal election, a registered voter of the county in which the municipality is located may serve as an election official for elections held within the municipality;

(2) Must be able to read and write the English language;

(3) May not be a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the election;

(4) May not be the parent, child, sibling or spouse of a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the precinct where the official serves;

----------------------------------
§3-9-6. Unauthorized presence in election room; three hundred foot limit; penalties.
If any person, not herein authorized so to do, enters or attempts to enter the election room, except upon a lawful errand and for a proper purpose, or remains within three hundred feet of the outside entrance to the building housing the polling place, contrary to the provisions of this chapter, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, on conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than fifty dollars nor more than five hundred dollars, or confined in the county jail for not more than thirty days.

§3-9-23. Punishment where penalty not prescribed or where failure to perform duty not specifically made an offense.
Any person who shall commit any act made an offense by any provision of this chapter, for which no penalty or punishment is prescribed by any other provision contained therein, or any person who shall fail to perform any duty prescribed therein which has not been specifically made an offense, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars, or, in the discretion of the court, be confined in jail for not more than one year.

WHAT IN THE WORLD WENT ON IN THAT ELECTION? Didn't someone complaint about someone counting their own votes? Who was in charge? WHO LET THIS HAPPEN?

I thought someone said that there was a state official overseeing this election! What was their reaction to a candidate counting their own vote?

Norman, are you home right now? I need to talk to you.

Just shut Durbin down and help the whole country.
It's only good for MAYBE SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

WAY TO GO HAMBONE you can finley think you are important in that ses hole

Another Problem on the Horizon

We have just received word that a grandmother of one of the council candidates was on the counting board in the Durbin election. Ironically, she is kin to the town judge!

Stay tuned! The Sec of State is being contacted tomorrow. There is hope for another election this time without the kinfolk on the counting board.

This is getting very interesting!

Re: Another Problem on the Horizon

Stinkwell Tater
We have just received word that a grandmother of one of the council candidates was on the counting board in the Durbin election. Ironically, she is kin to the town judge!

Stay tuned! The Sec of State is being contacted tomorrow. There is hope for another election this time without the kinfolk on the counting board.

This is getting very interesting!

And take note here people! Ms. Lane WON the election BUT is up for the treasurer job (being trained as we speak) and is planning on giving up her council position for the treasurer job so Proud can be weaseled back into an official capacity AGAIN! Donald Peck and Proud HAD THIS PLANNED when they gave Veronica the job of treasurer!

Inner Layer,can,t the council keep this from happening? A prearrangement like you describe is surely fraudulent. The recorder should do the billing and get the salary which should be reduced or a bookeeper hired.In most towns the size of Durbin,the recorder is also the treasurer.

3-1-28. Election officials; eligibility, suspension of eligibility.
(a) To be eligible to be appointed or serve as an election official in any state, county or municipal election held in West Virginia, a person:

(1) Must be a registered voter of the county for elections held throughout the county and a registered voter of the municipality for elections held within the municipality: Provided, That if the required number of persons eligible to serve as election officials for a municipal election are not available or are not willing to serve as election officials for a municipal election, a registered voter of the county in which the municipality is located may serve as an election official for elections held within the municipality;

(2) Must be able to read and write the English language;

(3) May not be a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the election;

(4) May not be the parent, child, sibling or spouse of a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the precinct where the official serves;

The Grandmother you speck of, is very legal. Read your own statements of codes. As for Pat Adams, She is the legal recorder for the Town of Durbin, and was on the ballot unopposed. So where is this big deal . Everything was legal.
Except rumor is that a couple of the by standers did try to get into the Poll room, where in your own words is a misdemeanor, 300 feet away from poll quarters. What kind of behavior is this, and why do you not see anything wrong in this. They were the ones in the wrong.

Forgot to add that the Town Judge was not up for election and is not a parent, child or spouse of any of the candidates.

kornfused
Just shut Durbin down and help the whole country.
It's only good for MAYBE SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

WAY TO GO HAMBONE you can finley think you are important in that ses hole

( P M ) If you hate it so much, why do you bother coming in to Durbin?

I am not planning on giving up my council seat. And my grandmother had nothing to do with my votes, it depends on the people of the town. And also Buter Varner did not have anything to do with my votes or the other job. I believe I earned my votes and was voted in on my other job. I am sorry that I hurt or upseted anyone.

Well said, you hang in there girl. Do not be intimidated by anyone.

Well thank you!! And I plan on hanging in there, no one is going to run me off!! I'M HERE FOR GOOD SO DEAL WITH IT!!! At least some people are on my side instead of against me. Thank you all who voted for me!!

THERE WAS STATE AFF THERE WHEN THE COUNTING WAS DONE AND PAT NEVER TOUCHED ANYTHING NOT A BALLOT OR EVEN THE PAPER WORK AND THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IF YOU CAN DO SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WHY DIDNT YOU DO THE POLLS OH WAIT THATS NOT YOUR THING

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!