toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pocahontas Co. Opposes drilling for gas and mountain top removal.

This is a reply to Martin Saffer who mountain top removal and drilling are STUPID IDEAS.

Please go to martinsaffer.com and take a look.

The poster that does the polls should produce a poll to determine the citizens position on these issues.

This is a copy of the post by JIM

Please explain your opposition to drilling or mountain top removal. This is alot of people's way of making a living. Mine included, I would go along with you if you could create a job for me making $70,000.00, but I guess I would be selling my soul to you which would be no differnt. I guess we all prostitute our selves every week for a paycheck so we can pay our taxes, bills and not be a burden on others.

There are as many pros as well cons for mountain top removal or drilling, or do I need to just say not gas drilling, not erecting wind mills, not coal mining are stupid ideas.
Everthing we do has positives and negatives, but it seems no one wants a balance or to consider anything that does not agree with their own position.

NIF has a lot of coulds and maybe potentials, but until they become reality coal and gas are needed and they have to be in someone's backyard. Personally I believe it is pie in the sky, but I hope does become viable.

When those who oppose petroleum and coal are willing to do without gas, oil, or coal or their end products for a month I will listen. Turn off lights and do not use anything derived from
coal, or petro chemicals for one month, then and only then do you have my attention.

When you attack how I make my living and care for my family, I consider it a personal attack!

Re: Pocahontas Co. Opposes drilling for gas and mountain top removal.

Mountain top removal provides a very small number of people with high paying jobs-it only takes a few people to operate the huge machinery that can tear away a mountaintop for ever. Talk to the miners who lost their jobs when the big machinery was brought in-it presents a lose-lose situation. Once again the "mountaineers" are being ripped off for the gain of a few AND the rest of the population loses the beauty and serenity that compensates for loss of high wages. West Virginia is a special place because of its mountains and its residents may be looked down on by outsiders, but their determination to eke out a living in such a tough environment makes them justly strong and resolute to pass on their God-given gift undespoiled to their children and grandchildren.

Go mountaineers!

Mountain top removal in general the most economic way of mining and yes even the coal operaters have to compete in a global market against Mexico and China where there are no environmental restrictions or safety concerns which makes coal a lot cheaper to mine.
When the coal markets are lost to foriegn competitors then you really have a lose-lose situation.
Yes Alice us "Mountaineers" live in a global society and markets like it or not.
Have you been to Mingo, McDowell, Logan lately they need elevated flat so they don't have to live in hollows and get washed away.
And guess what those children do not have the love of those steep mountins that you have. The children that escape the drugs in that area will have a coal mine to work at unless someone actually listens to you speak of something you know not, to make yourself feel good.

P.S. Jim's post was well said, thanks!

May be "Ol Big Deal" can pick up the tab/taxes that gas & oil & coal pays in this state and we can all set on the front porch and teach our young'ins to pick that banjo and on Sunday we can have Jesco White over for a "Ho'Down"

Ed
If you learn them yung'ns to squose a litle corn and grow a litle whakey tabackie. A good livn no need for a banjo on the music and a litle money if you just go and happen to get the munchies!

who gave us the coal?

Yup, it is the most economic way to get the coal, because it employs few people and pays no mind to extracting the coal without destroying the mountain. And guess, where that money goes---yet again-not here, that's for sure!!!!Do you know that the huge reserves of the Bluefield Group were purchased last month by a RUSSIAN conglomerate?
Yup, let them tear up the West Virginia hills and send the profits straight into the pockets of a Russian billionaire-sounds like the retelling of the same old story. Surely, we can learn something from the history of the past rape and pillage of this great state, while sending the profits elsewhere!!!!

bump

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!