Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Another Week Starts with a Criminal on the Payroll--No Arrest

Wilfong didn't steal breakfast; he falsified checks to make it look like he paid a bill for his cows breakfast that he didn't pay!! Now the system is protecting him!!! He is actually on the payroll at full pay!!!Crime pays in Pocahontas County. Wouldn't this be considered some type of "shoplifting." Surely, we have a law against this down't we?

Officer Fired for Stealing Breakfast

WNBC New York reported yesterday that a Morristown, New Jersey, police officer lost his badge for shoplifting eight breakfast sandwiches from a convenience store. The prosecutor was reported as saying that the plea he entered “represents the fact that no one is above the law.”

So police officers are human… They are sinners like the rest of us. Does this mean that all police officers shoplift? No. But it does mean that they have the same problems, faults, regrets, and wrongdoings as the rest of the general public. And when they are caught in something like this, generally they are prosecuted like the rest of us.

However, where the big difference lies is when laws are broken related to their work as a law enforcement officer. What about the situation where a police officer tells a little white lie on the witness stand in order to validate the search or seizure of some guy who possessed drugs? That is a crime. In fact it is a serious crime - perjury. What about the situation where a person runs their mouth to a police officer and the officer arrests that person just out of spite - but for the charges off “obstruction” of the duties of a police officer? Did that officer not commit a kidnapping? A false imprisonment? An illegal arrest? The fact is, that these crimes are committed by law enforcement officers everyday around the country, and nothing is done about it because the persons charged with enforcing the laws - the cops and the prosecutors - are one in the same, and are not going to investigate or prosecute themselves or their buddies unless they have no choice. And as they see it, what is the harm when you know the person is guilty in the first place? And they are serving the public, right? Why punish some poor cop who is just trying to serve and protect? What motive would they have to ever lie or commit any crime?

The fact is, that society - and the judicial system - likes to pretend that cops are perfect, that they are perfect beings, formed in the likeness of Jesus Christ. That they would never, ever, lie under oath, that they would never, ever, use their badge and gun for their own personal gain or to hurt another who has gotten under their skin. But we, as people with common sense, and as people who observe things with our own eyes know better. We know they make mistakes and commit crimes, and do things they are later ashamed of - just like every other human on the planet.

So who are they kidding? Jurors - if they can get away with it.

- John H. Bryan, West Virginia Attorney

Re: Another Week Starts with a Criminal on the Payroll--No Arrest

Another day with Wilfong still on the payroll!!!

its right there in black and white and they wont arrest him. what more do they need?

Would somebody please say something nasty about Stinkwell Tater not knowing what he is talking about or maybe that he is lying about Wilfong, or even something like he is carrying this too far?

I need to know that there is some purpose for my tax dollars being used to pay a criminal to feed his cows.

sir junior alkire ran the gauntlet from november until march while shakin down the taxpayers, so it may be awhile if they are stickin to traditional loco poco southern fried sheriff department family values.

Yes, but his daddy was helping him. David Jonese has no excuse for not firing him!! (Except that you can't fire kinfolk, right?)

The sheriff is doing a good job despite your continued harrassment of him. We in green bank support him. I think at one time Norman had faith in this dedicated person as well. You may not agree with decisions and procedure and that is fine, but to slander police officers in open forum is wrong. I come from a family of cops and I find this insulting.

Slander is lying! What are we lying about? Has Wilfong not been suspended? Did he not do the check thing? Is he still being paid? Are those lies?

Please don't use the term slander too loosely because in accusing me of slander you too are slanderingme.

By the way, I still think David will do the right thing and fire Wilfong!! I guess you can't blame him for taking "family" into consideration. Wilfong is family as well as his mom and David wants to walk slowly on this one!

We were of the opinion that David would act a little more decisively when he knew that he had a criminal in his department!

Why doesn't he just arrest him?

Alleged is a word I would start using if I were you. I am sure you understand that we can not decide who is committing crimes that is why it is an alleged crime until a judge/jury finds guilty.

As you will be able to tell by this , I don't get out alot and I've only heard rumors. Are we talking about Ben Wilfong? What did he do now?-

One of your threads reads "someone is lying is it Totten or the Sheriff"
I think we need to be careful in how we word things
I am not calling you a liar or slandering you. It was not personal and I apologize if it felt personal. I am trying to point out that children and families read this thread. I respect law enforcement and want my children to respect them as well. My perception is that this kind of posting is not solving a problem it is causing one.

And I have the highest respect for your opinion on the matter. Ben is not accused of doing something that would necessarily corrupt a child. He has been placed on administrative leave until the sheriff can figure out what he did in magistrate court with those checks.

The checks as we have published from the file are pretty much self-revealing. And as an officer "sworn" to uphold the law, it casts a pretty poor reflection on Ben. This was a civil case not a criminal case but it has not grown to criminal proportions because he submitted false evidence to the court to prove that he didn't own Tim Wade a feed bill.

And if it hadn't been that Tim Wade was smart enough to figure things out and that Janet Kershener-Vanover the magistrate hadn't personally gotten involved in the investigation, this thing would have blown over. Tim would have lost his money and everything would have settled down again.

But this has ramifications far greater than a feed bill. This is absolute proof that a police officer will lie on the witness stand. If Ben had been the only officer doing this, I could understand a little bit but we then had Brad Totten followup with his lying which actually caused two people to be falsely convicted of violations, then we wouldn't worry so much. But there is a "pattern" of deceit that has been developing in the sheriff's office over a period of time. THIS MUST BE STOPPED EVEN IF AN OFFICER HAS TO GO TO JAIL.

it is commonly referred to as A CULTURE OF CORRUPTION!!!

unfortunately, the loco poco forest is knee deep in the proverbial cow paddie dung piles from the estate of wilfong and several of his irreverent coworkers that are remnants of the alkire empire. we best start shoveling it outta here lest we come to drown in its stench.

Will this be the week?

Another week's pay?

It's 12:36 is Ben still on the payroll?

Why? I would just like to know why? It is a sad day for Pocahontas when so many people though things were going to turn around, to see we are in worse shape now than befor the election.

No, we are not forgetting!!!

No, David we haven't forgotten about Ben!!

So the check was written with what date, and the Pendleton bank opened on what date ?

Don't mince the words: It is important that you understand that the Pendleton Community Bank didn't exist until 2007 nearly three years after the checks were written on it!!!

This is a test of the moral integrity of the new sheriff; he is failing, fast!!!

1.the first check was written in 2003.
2.the second check was written in 2004.
3.pendelton community came into existence in 2005.
4.sir wilfong opened his bank account in 2007.
5.sir wilfong's cows have a full belly.
6.tim wade has an empty cash register.
7.all is at peace in the loco poco forest.

Can you feel the moral integrity seeping out of our new sheriff?

The only thing I see "seeping' out of our Sheriff is his growing intolerance. I do not need to defend his character because everyone can see he is a man of values.

Except he gives a moral discount to kinfolk! (i.e. Ben Wilfong)

Pendleton Community Bank in Marlinton came into existence in 2007 ? How can that be ? They had an office on main street before they moved out on 219, and that had to be more than 2 years ago. I am not defending Ben, his account was opened in 07 and the checks were written before that, so he is definitely a crook, I am just curious about these dates.

3.pendelton community came into existence in 2005.

YYZ, don't be too optimistic; we are talking family here!

No, we haven't forgotten about Ben Wilfong

Guess what I thought about this morning!

Spinwell Tater
Guess what I thought about this morning!

Spud, quote the WV code for failure to act on the report of a crime and get THEM, and ALL of THEM, including the accessory of the court, and have them ARRESTED!!!

IT'S THE LAW. That's why lawmakers put that there.

tot...

who should it be reported to?

the loco poco cops are crooked.

the west virginia state police, of which sir daddy alkire and sir wilfong are former members, are also crooked.

the loco poco forest desperatly needs some intervention from the feds and the u.s. justice department.

Are you suggesting a removal action?

Spinwell Tater
Are you suggesting a removal action?

You two are the finest "removers" I've ever seen.

After "Mystery Cop", which still IS a mystery, there must be a consensus THERE SHALL BE NO MORE.

If it's left to be, a brush hog won't be able to clear the fallout.

Just got word that Tim Wade still hasn't been paid his feed bill! I guess they are hoping that the issue just dies away!

Norman I heard that Ben Wilfong has filed suit against the Pocahontas Sheriffs Dept? Is this True ??????
Because of knee injury !

I'll check it out tomorrow!

But then I remembered that the sheriff's office has workmen's comp so they can't sue.

what were the terms and timeline in which tim wade was to be paid?

have the court costs been paid?

it sounds like its time for a bench warrant to be issued by a judge.

Norman: If the local law does not act on this Tim Wade will have to sue them for his money, then the board of risk wil pay and Ben is free

You would think that Ben would just pay the bill!!!

he should take the free money that he is getting now and pay the bil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urmKhAulBqM

Yo Spin:

You know what to do! Who has vetoed JUSTICE???

Chicky chicky chicky...

-even field mice can hiss!

Where's our 3 Judge Panel?

Thanks for hiding me on Page 2!

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!