toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fireworks Over the Sewer Issue Again--Commission asks for resignations!

All is not happy on the old commission homefront. You have these three guys on the PSD who are not your brightest bulbs in the pack. The one who is a little brighter, Millican, is basically a real estate agent out to pad his own pocket at the county's expense.

Martin Saffer and David Fleming finally got their gonads in order and called for the resignations of all three of these tunes. Retta Griffith is still hanging on to them because in her words, "I appointed them" Apparently, Griffith has no ability to say: "I made a mistake."

Griffith is still holding on to the Titanic as it goes down. She can't seem to fathom that the county needs new and fresh ideas. I guess she'll wake up election morn when she has been resoundingly beaten.

You would think that Retta could gain a little wisdom from watching Carpenter and Callison drown in the sewer issue. But apparently the people are going to have to give her the boot themselves.

Marty and DAvid are doing a good job on the county commission. They may mess up down the road but for now they need our support.

It remains to be seen if these three members of the PSD have enough sense to jump ship before they drown.

Re: Fireworks Over the Sewer Issue Again--Commission asks for resignations!

Saffer and Fleming don't want fresh new ideas. They want a PSD that will listen to them and that they can control. What a power grab! Kind of destroys the concept of the PSD being non-political doesn't it?

Power grab? Please! The Commission only seeks to empower those folks directly effected by this project and effected by the actions of the PSD. Thus far, the PSD has largely acted solely in lock-step with Thrasher Engineers and interests not entirely reflective of the Snowshoe Homeowners and the broad Slatyfork Community and overlooking the environmental consequences. Had not the Commission changed and had not folks stepped up, the PSD would have plunked that plant right down on the Sharp Farm with no questions asked.

Absolutely!! It has cost the Sharp Family a small fortune to protect their little bit of heaven! You guys keep up the good fight!!!

How did the WVIJDC meeting go today? Did Fleming win his argument about stopping the funding?

Your problem here is Reta Griffith! Her plan calls for several million more dollars than if they were to simply refit Snowshoe's old system.

Commissioners Saffer and Fleming; you need to stop micro-managing the PSD. Maybe their thoughts and plans are not what you want, but never the less, they are adult men who can think for themselves. They were appointed to fulfill this obligation, so let them alone so they can do their jobs, whether it be right or wrong. Just because you were elected and they were appointed does not make you anymore right than what they are. Did you ever stop to think that maybe they are right and you are wrong? Some of the decisions that you two have made are very questionable also!!! What is going to happen when the DEP starts with the fines for noncompliance, thanks to you two for trying to hold up the funding to build the plant, and believe me they will start. They have allowed a little time for compliance, but with nothing being done, the fines will start again as with SnowShoe. I'll bet SnowShoe is laughing just like Howes Leather Company did when good ole Pocahontas County relieved them of a major headache. I guess we never learn, do we?

I believe if you would reduce the inflow and infiltration the system with a little tweaking would do a great job treating waste at about 15% of the cost of a new plant.

I call it oversight by elected officials, not a bad idea. If a new plant would treat that much better I would be all for it.

It is pretty easy to see that it is all about money for engineering and real estate development.

If the PSD has a good case let them present it.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!