toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What happened with Deputy Wilfong!

I was checking to see if the word was on the street yet about Deputy Ben Wilfong. Now that I know that it is the story can be told.

Deputy Wilfong had run up a debt with a local farm supply store. The owner brought the issue to magistrate court and they had a hearing. At the hearing, Wilfong claimed that he had paid the bill sometime before. Magistrate Kershener continued the case until Wilfong could present his checks proving that he had paid the debt. Wilfong agree to do that.

When the hearing was again held, Wilfong had proof that he had paid the debt and that the owner had forgotten or was mistaken about the debt.

He presented his checks as proof of payment. But when the owner examined the checks his crap detector started firing on full tilt. He couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong but he knew that something was wrong (goes to show that you can't fool an old country boy) As he looked further, he figured it out.

The checks were written on the "Pendleton Community Bank" back in a previous year but the problem was that there was no Pendleton Community Bank in existence at the time. That bank was still the "Pendleton County Bank." It didn't become the new bank until LONG AFTER THE CHECKS WERE WRITTEN.

That proved that the checks were fraudulent and was a prima facie case of an attempted fraud upon the court.

Janet continued to question Wilfong about the checks but suddenly he realized "THAT HE HAD TO GO TO WORK." So he left the court room without being dismissed by the magistrate. AND THERE THEY WERE.

Well, what the farm boy figured out was that Ben Wilfong had never paid his bill but was in reality pretending to have paid it with a check that had been written on a current Pendleton County Community Bank. He had merely written a check(s) on his current bank account and back dated the payment, made a copy of the check(s) (strangely enough just the front of the checks)(The bank would have had the farm supply owners name and in this case wouldn't have had anything on the back because it had never been processed by the bank.)

Wilfong was trying to trick the magistrate and in the end he apparently thought she was not really smart. But he was fooled!

The case is still open!!(If I were a betting man, I would bet that Wilfong will be writing a new check to the farm supply owner before they go back to court.)

And yes, the sheriff knows all about this. You saw from the pic in the Times this week that life goes on for Wilfong without interruption. The irony is that he should have been in line with handcuffs just like the dopeheads.

But remember we have a separate law for the police than that of the dopeheads. The police can molest children, grope our women and girls, and say whatever they want in court and no one is going to challenge them, except for some old country boy who wants his money for good services rendered.

Wilfong should be in jail not out on the street writing tickets.

And here is my point: If you can't trust bona fide, trained law officers to obey the law then you can't trust the Barney Fife's of the community to do any better.

WE HAVE A MAJOR SEX PROBLEM IN OUR COUNTY AND IT IS BEING COVERED UP.

It is time to make a few arrest of the police officers.

Wouldn't somebody please get on here and raise a big harangue about how Stinkwell doesn't know what he is talking about? I don't feel right unless someone is calling me a liar? Please dear "ostriches" please keep your heads in the sand on this one!

All it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing!! I supported David Jonese with all my heart because I thought we would see a change.

At the same time, I knew that Bob Alkire and his team of corrupt law officers would continue to mystify the county with their corruption. I thought that the shennagins would stop and that I would have nothing more to write about. BOY! WAS I wrong.

We have had a groping of a young female and she is still getting the run around!! She told me the other day that nothing is being done about her case. She calls and calls and calls and gets transferred and transferred. The cops are still trying her and Lester. No one will punish the police for what they have done but they insist on punishing her.

Women just don't have a chance in Pocahontas County. And now we are finding out that men ain't much different, either. I guess that it is some "equal opportunity thing" to be savaged by the law officers.

I do think that David Jonese is very naive! I am putting this as mildly as possible because they only alternative is to think that he knows that he has crooked cops and is afraid to do anything about it.

I hesitate to use the word "afraid" and "marine" in the same sentence but I am concerned that we are having more of the same old same old.

It is time to get the crooked cops off the payroll.

I hope that I don't see a crooked cop again make an arrest of our citizens (howbeit dopeheads)

The police need to have clean hands if they are going to rid this county of the bad guys.

Re: It is time to make a few arrest of the police officers.

Maybe Stinkwell does know what he is talking about. I heard parts of this story from another source.

They ever grope me they will have to take me to jail because I'm going to knock the crap out of them. Then they will have to explain WHY I did it. Nasty disease infested people that some of them are!

If this is what happened then Magistrate Kershner, would know about it. And if it is true then he needs to go! What if evidence was made up by him in other cases as well?

Norman, I'm terribly sorry that you had so much faith in Jonese. As much as I hesitate to do so, I must point out that a leader, is only as strong as his men want him to be. If Jonese hangs a few of his own, then he chances that the rest of his men will buck against him, and he won't stand a chance in accomplishing the great objectives that he has placed before himself.
I guess the point that I'm trying to make, is that although we would like to believe that our new sherriff is a stand up, courageous man, I'm afraid that the bottom line is that he's a simply afraid of failure...marine or not. What he has at stake here is not only his success, but his reputation, his well-being...and first and foremost ...for an x marine...his pride. Unfortunately for the rest of us...this fear of failure, and threat to the single value that he holds above all else... will continue to allow the suffering of our community, bye the very people that are paid to protect and serve.
I guess what I'm trying to say here...in laymans terms...is that this big...bad...Marine core hero...is so far panning out to be nothing more that another coward who hides behind his badge....

Sorry Norm...When he takes the initiative to reform the system from the top down...he'll earn a little more of our community's respect.

Yeah right...
Norman, I'm terribly sorry that you had so much faith in Jonese. As much as I hesitate to do so, I must point out that a leader, is only as strong as his men want him to be. If Jonese hangs a few of his own, then he chances that the rest of his men will buck against him, and he won't stand a chance in accomplishing the great objectives that he has placed before himself.
I guess the point that I'm trying to make, is that although we would like to believe that our new sherriff is a stand up, courageous man, I'm afraid that the bottom line is that he's a simply afraid of failure...marine or not. What he has at stake here is not only his success, but his reputation, his well-being...and first and foremost ...for an x marine...his pride. Unfortunately for the rest of us...this fear of failure, and threat to the single value that he holds above all else... will continue to allow the suffering of our community, bye the very people that are paid to protect and serve.
I guess what I'm trying to say here...in laymans terms...is that this big...bad...Marine core hero...is so far panning out to be nothing more that another coward who hides behind his badge....

Sorry Norm...When he takes the initiative to reform the system from the top down...he'll earn a little more of our community's respect.

The Sheriff can only follow the law. He cannot go with gossip. This check issue is not the Sheriff's buisness until charges are filed. What do you expect him to do right now? We need to allow this man the time to do his job. I realize this community has been through a lot in the past, but Jonese just started in Jan. and is working hard to change things.

Re: What happened with Deputy Wilfong!

If this Norman story about Deputy Wilfong is true, this would at least be PERJURY-FELONY on Wilfong. It would also be interesting to know if the Deputy wore his uniform into a civil court hearing in which he was being sued as the defendant.

If Wilfong was involved in the drug bust does this mean they will all walk free?

Just Go ahead and arrest them even if they are law officers.

Now folks! You are seeing what I have been complaining about all along. One of my good friends was the first to point out that David J is more of the administrative type and not in the caliber of true law enforcement. David J. thinks he can just ignore the past and move on and he could if he didn't have these deputies hanging on. I think he should have asked for resignations.

One corrections officer is reported to have quit. That's what the others should have done.

BUT ONE THING IS FOR CERTAIN: He can arrest Wilfong on the spot!!! We will know how sincere he is when he has the courage to arrest one of his own officers.

Again, that's what ticed me off when I say Wilfong involved in making the arrest of the druggies. Someone who will lie in court to protect their own butt is apt to lie to falsely charge someone else.

We continue to watch. David asked for more time and we have accepted them. But at the same time he is allowing his own crooked deputies to continue as law officers.

ARREST THEM!!@!

To Yeah Right: Thank you for your remarks. I do indeed feel a bit embarrassed that I have gone out on a limb to support David J. He is confirming my worst fears on a daily basis.

The Darla incident took place in Jan and still nothing has been done to deal with the two cops who were involved in the incident. She has filed a formal complaint BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING. David J. doesn't intend to discipline Totten for anything. In fact, he has been bragging on what a great law officer Totten is.

David J. is hiding his head in the sand. Totten is God's gift to women and heaven forbid that anyone interfere with his womanizing.

I shudder to think what might have happened had Darla been alone on that dark highway with those two law officers. Fortunately, she had Lester with her who is built like a bulldog and would not have allowed her to be molested.

It is noteworthy that as soon as Agee's hand moved from her buttocks to her crotch area she screamed and he dared not go any further.

SO THIS IS THE BIG TEST FOR DAVID J. WILL THE SEXUAL EXPLOTATION OF WOMEN BY POLICE OFFICERS END AND WHEN WILL THE COPS BE ARRESTED!!!!!

I am not holding my breath. I have been to see David J. three times and am not making any progress at all.

Re: Just Go ahead and arrest them even if they are law officers.

It's my understanding that Magistrate Kershner has already brought this matter to Donna Prices' attention... It appears that Price is just gonna sweep it under the rug too...

Re: Just Go ahead and arrest them even if they are law officers.

That is what our justice system is all about..sweeping it under the rug..it is and always has been "who ya know"..These people that were voted in say all theses things for election and then it is a whole different ballgame when it comes down to it. I think they need to clean up their own backdoor before they can clean up other peoples..the Sheriff should see to it..not condone it..it is a real shame I can tell you..it makes the county look like a laughing stock.

Bring in the FBI

EQUAL AND EXACT JUSTICE TO ALL MEN

(That includes the cops too) Bring in the FBI if you don't have the confidence to arrest your own employees.

Re: Bring in the FBI

If this actually happened it shouldn't be real hard to prove. And if it did he must GO!!!!!

Here you go again Norman: Let me once again quote you from an earlier post on April 3rd about Drug Arrest Today:

"They will! Just give him time! This Marine is storming the shore! God Bless Him!"

You just go with the flow. Folks are on here bashing the sheriff so you jump in too. What a dirtbag you are. Read the quoted statement above. Once he does make a move you jump back in and throw out your "way to go Marines" comments.

Make up your mind Norman, either support him or get off his back!!!

Let him do his job, nothing happens without looking into the actions, police action or not. Like you said "give him a chance".

But that's not really your style is it? Community bashes - you bash. This doesn't make you more popular, it just makes you look worse and reveal the real person you are, a DIRTBAG!!!

Alot of us just think Norman is a nut and this website is a joke.

So if it is a joke what are you doing on it!!!

just call the bank and find out when the official name change and/or acquisition took place.

they would most likely still honor the check with a valid account, and would not dishonor the check just because it had a prior bank name printed on it, especially if they were the acquiring 'parent' bank of the former banking institution.

much like sir tatano's case, if the check was cashed and processed then there will be an extensive paper trail behind it to document if payment was indeed made.

if the check was simply 'doctored' and not cashed they could be facing heap big trouble of other financial fraud charges.

why would any magistrate or judge simply let someone walk out of the court after they suddenly realize that they have to go to work? once a hearing begins, people arent supposed to leave the courtroom on their own accord unless granted so by the authority of the court.

That's right!! But the question came up that why would a magistrate accept a copy of the front side of a check without the back side endorsement!! I am working on that!

The do gets deeper!!

maybe sir daddy alkire can negotiate him a job as a loan 'officer' at a bank down in ol' greenbrier county to distribute some of the nobama stimulus fundulation.

Why would the prosecuting attorney ignore this allegation? Would this not be a criminal offense? Why doesn't she call for an independant investigation? If he is indeed inocent wouldn't an investigation clear him? If he is not guilty of this then what would they fear by calling for an investigation?

How do you know that she (prosecuting attorney) is ignoring this? And how do you know that she hasn’t or will not call for an independent investigation? There are many problems in this county. Donna and David are running their office very well and putting their management pieces in place for success now and in the future. It took 20 years to get us in this mess and her and David J can not fix all the problems in a couple months. (P.S. don’t forget they have been in office for 103 days!) Most of us want her and Joneses to run their office the way they see fit… not how a couple folks on E-Tator does..

In reference to Magistrate Kershner, I hear that she is part of the problem. The way she conduct herself is the way that the “old PA and Sheriff” would of love….

My request is for someone to help Magistrate Kershner dress. As a public official and a “judge” she dresses like a bum.

All I can say is that Donna doesn't want to ruffle feathers.

Mr Alderman,

What do you mean she doesn’t want to “ruffle feathers”? That is all she hasn’t been doing… As the senior law enforcement officer in the county, she is moving the office forward (with arrests, no drops on DUI & Domestics, new investigations, management of cases) and a lot of folks don’t like to change. She does what is right, not what is the poplar thing to do. So I say to you… she has and is “ruffling feathers”.

Very selective!! I notice that Ben Wilfong, Totten, and Agee didn't get indicted!!!

Good point. Lets give it time

The check then is not gossip. He knows the truth!!

If I were their lawyer, I would raise the issue! But then I am not and I have been threatened too with practicing law without a license so I have no official or unofficial opinion about anything!!!!!

If you want to start an Andy Griffith show thread thats fine. As I see it , the new sheriff has not done anything to deserve the kind of remarks you posted. They have been removed. If you can't post and make your point in civilized manner then keep the remarks to yourself.

One law for the citizens and yet another law for the police. A deputy can lie himself out of a just debt and gets by with it but a citizen is held to account for unjust debt. That is exactly what is happening here.

When is David going to get tired of making excuses for his lawless deputies?

What about Darla who was groped on a dark highway by a policeman whose parked parked in such an odd way as to create a blindspot for the groping to take place?

What about Charlotte who has spent thousands of dollars on lawyers to defend herself against a sheep-killing charge by her dog when it was never proved in court that any sheep were even killed. And what about those persons who assessed her $600 per sheep and never even saw a sheep? And what about the fact that the sheriff's office didn't even conduct an investigation.

It was brought out in the hearing yesterday and agreed to by the court that there must be an investigation of a citizen's complaint before charges can be place. But this didn't happened at all and she was still charged by the crooked Tony Tatano who was the magistrate's personal lawyer. (A fact which he never disclosed)

And when Judge Rowe threw the matter out of court for bad process, Tony Tatano turned around and refiled it in court IN HIS OWN NAME.

Fortunately, Tatano has lost his license but his dirt continues on.

It is time to turn a new page, to move on but this can't be done until these old corruptions have been dealt with.

So who files the charges:

The magistrate to whom he lied?
The farmer to whom he presented false evidence?
The prosecutor?
The state police?
The sheriff?

How do you know that she (prosecuting attorney) is ignoring this? And how do you know that she hasn’t or will not call for an independent investigation? There are many problems in this county. Donna and David are running their office very well and putting their management pieces in place for success now and in the future. It took 20 years to get us in this mess and her and David J can not fix all the problems in a couple months. (P.S. don’t forget they have been in office for 103 days!) Most of us want her and Joneses to run their office the way they see fit… not how a couple folks on E-Tator does..

The truth will be discovered! And I suspect Norman will have to eat crow!!! I can't believe these types of allegations can be posted on here without a single thread of evidence!

The record is five inches thick in the court.

Yeah right! and I say that if there was any evidence at all in that 5 inch court file that proved Deputy Wilfong done something wrong it would have already been posted on your website!

Norman, Deatta from the Family Refugee Center told me to get into contact with you regarding making a complaint against Brad Totten, but she did not think I should pursue this issue on my own. Please contact me at 304-799-2436 after 7PM.

Norman
Can you help I read eater all the time and now it will not let me on something about bravenet

I need to know your ip address. Go to Google search and put in "my ip address" email normanalderman@yahoo.com

I noticed that Wilfong's name is mentioned in the Snowshoe lawsuit!

Brian, give me a call. We may be able to tie that in with the current mess!

Re: I noticed that Wilfong's name is mentioned in the Snowshoe lawsuit!

By the way, the investigator today mentioned Walton's name. Is there something I need to know?

We are working to get this complaint worked out for Darla. It appears that we may have missed a valuable resource with the Family Refuge Center. Hopefully, they will be able to help Darla. I am contacting her too by email although I figure she has already read this on etater.

These ladies down at Lewisburg are pretty tough cookies and they no how to lodge a complaint. I think with all that Lester has told me about Totten, plus an upcoming video interview with Lester, may go well to getting this mess resolved.

Perhaps she shall have to take it out of the county to get justice.

We'll see!

Norman,

I'd like to ask that you review my last post, and see if your moderator has overstepped his bounds in removing it...The remarks that were made were very coarse, but hardly uncivilized, and the post made a very valid point.

The main thing that the moderator found offensive, was a reference toward the new sherriff, comparing him to an andy griffeth character...I sincerely believe that that type of ridicule, could hardly be considered...uncivilized. Besides, any person holding a political or social office, is subject to other people's criticism and ridicule.
I thought the whole point of the etater was to allow the people to express their opinion clearly, and to expose, and debate the issues that other papers keep under the rug, whether or not others agree with it.

Norm, I really enjoy your website, untill a very few of your moderators start deleting posts simply because they disagree with your view, or find something you say rubs....THEM...not the rest of us... the wrong way.
We are allowed to speak of officers' un-ethical sex behaviors and other extra carricular activities...but we can't call a sherriff Barney Fife..
Please reply to this post, so that I know you've acknowledged my request..

Thanks

Old History Comes Back Alive

Here's what we reported about Ben Wilfong earlier!

Re: Old History Comes Back Alive

There is a scandle that's about to hit this entire county. It has nothing to do with false checks.
Wilfong was in a dark suit that was to big for him.

It was told that the sheriff was out of town today.

the sheriff was most definitely in the courthouse on july 7th.

So how much more can this county stand: Police groping women they stop, a deputy shooting up the town after getting drunk, another deputy getting a 14 year old girl pregnant, and a deputy committing a forgery and counterfeiting?

Isn't it funny how these stories never really go away?

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!